Bad Reman'd injectors

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Nothing is perfect, but I've had a bunch less problem with new 6.0L injectors as compared to remans. We don't have time in the shop to chase problems with remans (customers don't care about supplier issues and won't pay the extra time it takes) and I don't have the desire to deal with angry mail-order customers with remans...so I will stick with what gives us the best results.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Too bad every 6L injector available now is a reman injector and not New anyways. I've put a few "new" injectors from Ford into trucks and they've been bad right out of the box, sometimes visually even!. No longer giving them the business. Having Jess rebuild All 8 for $500 is cheaper than going to Ford anyways, and the work is guaranteed no questions asked.

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
99.999% certain we had nothing to do with it.

We never had a "BIG" sticker with that name. The largest we had would fit in an envelope.

In addition, ALL of the 6.0L injectors that ship out of our shop are either Brand New from Ford or are Brand New from Ford and Modified by Swamps. We do NOT and WILL NOT sell reman 6.0L injectors.

Hope this clears it up...it was not us...please leave us out of this one. We've had enough of the whole name issue, "Sinister" is NOT us, was only us for 6 months, has not been us for over a year, we're freakin' done with it.

Sorry Dennis, I screw that up alot.

I bought parts from you during your 6 months with that name so maybe that's why I can't get it right.

It's hard enough not to google ITP when I want to look at something.

Spindrift

Reaction score
At least a Ford remanded has all internals replaced. The only part that is reused is the body. That can't be said for Alliant, who comes in a distant second. Any other "reman" is a complete crap shoot. Alliant will test a spool valve and if it meets spec, it is reused.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
At least a Ford remanded has all internals replaced. The only part that is reused is the body. That can't be said for Alliant, who comes in a distant second. Any other "reman" is a complete crap shoot. Alliant will test a spool valve and if it meets spec, it is reused.
I'd be curious to see what type of criteria they use for their specs. From the sounds of it, it's probably something along the lines of Ford's head flatness spec.:doh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.