Barder Turbo Upgrade

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Yes that is true. There is a 13 bladed turbine wheel that has the same dimensions as the 03/Powermax 10 bladed turbines. It originated in the Duramax LLY turbos and can actually only be used in the 03/Powermax turbine housings. The 04 13 bladed turbines won't actually interchange with the 03 10 bladed turbines due to the vane height being shorter on the 04.

I have had them come out of 6.0L turbos. I'll pay a little more attention to the PN from the turbo and see what it comes up as.

As far as turbine housings from my above post, I meant 03-early 04 that use the 10 blade turbine wheel. The 13 blade 66mm will fit those only.

Vizsla

Reaction score
Is any of this new? Nope. Glad to see Barder doing it up at a fair price, good for everyone!!!

strokin6L

Reaction score
No building a large vgt isn't new. But a few things Adrian does to his stage 3 and 4 hasn't ever been done before and is the only one doing it. Yes...congrats to Barder for putting together a great turbo. Its great to have more affordable options out their for the customer

Last edited:

the chad

Reaction score
I agree completely, I think the more people that get working on them hopefully the better the bigger vgts become.

stonepusher

Reaction score
No building a large vgt isn't new. But a few things Adrian does to his stage 3 and 4 hasn't ever been done before and is the only one doing it. Yes...congrats to Barder for putting together a great turbo. Its great to have more affordable options out their for the customer

I have heard nothing but good things about Barder turbo services, great job. As for MTW stage 3 and 4's.....maybe I have missed it since there has been so many threads on them but any new numbers on the MTW stage 3 and 4's?

JGman141

Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good things about Barder turbo services, great job. As for MTW stage 3 and 4's.....maybe I have missed it since there has been so many threads on them but any new numbers on the MTW stage 3 and 4's?

I should have some track times next week on the stage 4. I had to have Eric rework my tune because it was jumping to 70psi from a non boosted take off. Ill let you know the good and or bad things I find out.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I spoke to Adrian the other day for a while. I think you were the one he was talking about. Do you have a cap on the box of your truck? He told me the trap speed you had(109mph) but also had a bad 60ft do to traction issues. Your truck is making big power man...awesome! Your truck is over 700hp with a crappy 60ft.

Last edited:

JGman141

Reaction score
I spoke to Adrian the other day for a while. I think you were the one he was talking about. Do you have a cap on the box of your truck? He told me the trap speed you had(109mph) but also had a bad 60ft do to traction issues. Your truck is making big power man...awesome! Your truck is over 700hp with a crappy 60ft.

Nope that wasn't me man but I hope I can have a trap that quick. Every time I want to go to the track the truck breaks down. But I think it's finally done breaking so I will finally get to see what it can do.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
From my experience at the track bad 60fts don't have any effect on mph

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I like the more affordable idea as long has it is reliable which we will have to wait on, I know that the things I do to get a stage 3 and 4 have been proven reliable. I would also like to see numbers on the turbo next to my stage 3 and 4. Not saying that Barder turbo won't make the same power, but if even comes
close say by 20 rwhp then it would be a nice affordable option. Guess have to play the waiting number game. I really think track or dyno numbers need to come out before saying anything one way or another, until then it's just talk.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Adrian, can you just stay out of my threads and i'll do the same for yours

No sh!t. Turned into a thread about whats out there other than your turbo. I can see a post or two about comparison to get an idea of.where to.apply a product.

1fastTRX

Reaction score
Last I remember the stage 4 hasn't proven its reliability. I believe SuperBlazin's stage 4 bearings were eating themselves. It may have been slightly different than the production model, but that is the info I have read so far.

Barder does quite a bit to make his stage 3 and 4 turbos reliable... actually I would say he spends the time to make all his turbos reliable... by balancing them. My opinion means diddly squat, but if somebody spent $10k+ on a balancing machine for his business then I think that separates a hobbyist from a professional.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
Adrian, can you just stay out of my threads and i'll do the same for yours

Wasn't getting into a battle with you, but if you are going to say that the stage 3 is too expensive compaired to your stage 4 and still make the same power, then I just think you should have proof of it. You started by compairing and bring my product into your thread in your statement so I will have something to say about it. I stated nothing wrong nor bashed your product, when I came on here everyone wanted proof of what I did, you come on here and expect everyone to not question anything you say. I know I would and so would a lot of other members like to see some sort of numbers. I have told you before I hope your idea of the turbine wheel works out and just being into the turbo stuff would like to see how much power it makes. When the numbers come out on the power it makes I will be one of the first to congratulate you, I like the fresh idea and other options.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.