Berman's 7.3 build

dsberman94

Reaction score
That's mine. I like them but right now I have dual over axle dumps. I can make phone calls with the truck running now. I miss the sound of the stacks though. Honestly can't wait to put them back on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 73

dsberman94

Reaction score
I get what you mean now. I agree stacks in plural. Like more than one. Is straight dumb. I have an axle dump and get schit for it all the time. Everyone thinks its ghetto.

Everyone around here thinks my axle dump is dumb but then amazingly a week later the last pipe of their exhaust has disappeared and it's an axle dump. Magic. Poof gone.

Jason

Reaction score
Yeah it wasn't directed at anyome in particular outside of the guys who think they have a ***n miniature peterbilt with dual stacks and their 6 speed oraling coal in every gear, etc.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yeah it wasn't directed at anyome in particular outside of the guys who think they have a ***n miniature peterbilt with dual stacks and their 6 speed oraling coal in every gear, etc.

i know it wasn't im just saying.

ive tried the handshaker life and its not for me. atleast not everyday. and my truck doesn't smoke either. im getting new tunes this week so we will see after that but as of right now if i punch it in 4x4 off the line theres a little puff and thats it. its nice zipping past a cummings totally clean burning then messing with him and then walking away still clean. doesn't piss anyone except the oralers off in the process.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Blah blah.... I tried rolling coal all week ..... Aw crap I can't put a stack on either..... Dpf problems....you guys and your loud smoky pigs.... :D went through a tunnel with the trailer hooked up and it sounds like a pissed off kitty kat.... :morons:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i already have the stacks. theyre in the basement. i took them off for winter going back on in the summer.

Didnt you mention that you wanted a sleeper look? Stacks are not going to achieve that!... also in your op, you said something about going to the brutte 66... if you already have a 38r then just get the new billet wheel for it... will not he a cost effective jump in hp to buy the brutte. Only thing that would be different will be the 1.15 housing that may or may not improve your setup any if much at all...

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Didnt you mention that you wanted a sleeper look? Stacks are not going to achieve that!... also in your op, you said something about going to the brutte 66... if you already have a 38r then just get the new billet wheel for it... will not he a cost effective jump in hp to buy the brutte. Only thing that would be different will be the 1.15 housing that may or may not improve your setup any if much at all...

live life full throttle

Everyone around here knows my truck with stacks. Either way they won't expect 500+ hp out of a 7.3 anyway. If I could sell the stacks for what I'm asking for them I would but it won't happen so I'm just going to put them back on since I have them. Even though it's not 100% sleeper it'll be pretty close. Staying on a stock set of 08 xlt wheels is the first part of that. I need to get some bigger wheels on it for the bigger brakes to fit on if I feel I need them. The turbo was a big maybe. Unless something happens to the 38r or I'm able to sell it to completely offset the price of a brute 66 I will be sticking with the 38r.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Everyone around here knows my truck with stacks. Either way they won't expect 500+ hp out of a 7.3 anyway. If I could sell the stacks for what I'm asking for them I would but it won't happen so I'm just going to put them back on since I have them. Even though it's not 100% sleeper it'll be pretty close. Staying on a stock set of 08 xlt wheels is the first part of that. I need to get some bigger wheels on it for the bigger brakes to fit on if I feel I need them. The turbo was a big maybe. Unless something happens to the 38r or I'm able to sell it to completely offset the price of a brute 66 I will be sticking with the 38r.

You wont get enough out of used 38r to do that. Billet wheel should wake it up. Made a bige difference on mine.

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Not on a forum I wouldn't but locally I could if I had enough time. I'm not worried about it. I'm happy with the 38r

TyCorr

Reaction score
Never saw a truck with all white mirrors until I painted mine either. Not saying it wasn't done but it's not as popular as it is now.

Oh, jesus ***kin christ are you serious? People stopped painting the old tow mirrors five years ago. Its not that you came up with it, believe me. When you could buy the 03+ style with paintable caps and heat people quit ***king doing it. Once you telescope them a few times it looks like shti.

Yea, nobody ever ran stacks before you got your truck last year LOL

Nobody ever ran axle dumps before. Buuuut they're in all the diesel truck magazines...........from 2008 :rollseyes:

Werent you the guy running "hybrid" tunes with your ac's?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Oh, ok. Well pretty much everything has been done already. There isnt a lot of ground to cover on 1st gen super duties.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I felt like I was at the gas station again. I gassed up the car and got stuck in line behind some dude who was yapping about his superchips tuner on his 03 7.3. He swapped in some 600hp plus injectors. Has a "bored" out turbo with twin wheels on it. In reality it was a bone stock e99 with two bad injectors.

He had the college girl at the checkout counter convinced he was the pioneer of diesel performance until she started talking about how her dad has been pulling since the 70's and it got real quiet.

Knuckleheads.

Latest posts

Members online