Best Studs/Head Gaskets?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic... so you just install that over the OEM gaskets? That must just crush.

Those look like UFC heads? Do you know what kind they are?

I really like the Oring option. It seems to add a little extra give for when the studs stretch under high cylinder pressures

Yes just install it over stock gaskets. UFC heads? Fill me in? to the best of my knowledge they are just stock heads.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
we have never had a come back yet using oem gaskets and arp studs. I will agree however that after about 800+ or maybe 750+ I would look into using 625's or something stronger than the 425's but for a daily truck if driven hard or regular if done right should hold up no problem. now with that said I know of a guy on here that has pushed the crap out of his single cab with tons of nitrous and his gaskets finally let go but that was after 3 years of who knows how much nitrous, numerous burn outs, big sticks, turbo, and makin 823 on the dyno with a 10 sec run. he is switching to the 625's now but 3 years being beaten like that for me says that they will hold up just fine if done right in the 5-600hp trucks

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
They are a good machine shop we have delt with them. Mikes a good guy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Oh oh. Yeah mine are not UCF heads. Nor were they o ringed at MPD mikey mike. They were done at some amish place out here in PA lol

KCTurbos

Reaction score
we have never had a come back yet using oem gaskets and arp studs. I will agree however that after about 800+ or maybe 750+ I would look into using 625's or something stronger than the 425's but for a daily truck if driven hard or regular if done right should hold up no problem. now with that said I know of a guy on here that has pushed the crap out of his single cab with tons of nitrous and his gaskets finally let go but that was after 3 years of who knows how much nitrous, numerous burn outs, big sticks, turbo, and makin 823 on the dyno with a 10 sec run. he is switching to the 625's now but 3 years being beaten like that for me says that they will hold up just fine if done right in the 5-600hp trucks

Ya Mike pushed his truck pretty hard... just seemed like soon after pushing 600+hp fuel only and running the stage 3 his gaskets let go.

I know lots of guys that have had their setups for a short time and do fine... but give them a year above 550-600hp and lots of them end up leaking. I think time also causes issues with the multi layered MLS gasket an the sealing compound around the fire rings.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just called extreme studs, Im waiting to hear back. Im about to pull my cab and I'm trying to get as much info on these as possible. Is anyone out there using these in a 6.0 for any high power and how many miles?

i just sold a set to jesse warren, his 6.0 makes over 60psi, and he said his pushes coolant anytime its up on boost. so we'll see. i also sold another set to user taylor d , we'll see how his hold up, but im not sure what his setup is. let me know if i can be of service once you decide.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
i just sold a set to jesse warren, his 6.0 makes over 60psi, and he said his pushes coolant anytime its up on boost. so we'll see. i also sold another set to user taylor d , we'll see how his hold up, but im not sure what his setup is. let me know if i can be of service once you decide.

He is one of the guys I have been talking to. It seems like standard arps start to stretch at around 40-50psi... If your prep work was perfect, surfaces flat, then a little bit of stretching is ok. But any imperfections and even the smallest amount of stretching will leak. Now once you get above 50-60psi then IMO standard ARPs will not hold up at all.

Interesting note... you can torque standard ARPs to about 215-250 without any problems. The reason you torque them down that much is they stretch slighly and reach their maximum tensile strength after being stretch to that point.

H-11 and Extreme studs recommend a much lower toruqe rating of around 185... supposedly if you torque them to 215-250 like the arps then you risk a chance of pulling the threads out of the block. I have never heard of that actually happening but the point I am making is that the h-11 and extreme studs options are not supposed to stretch

windrunner408

Reaction score
So, on "o-ringed" heads that just crush the OEM HG, how are the rings attached to the head?? Or are they attached to the head?? I've never really looked into this before and it seems like a good option now that I look at it.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score

Pm sent

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
So, on "o-ringed" heads that just crush the OEM HG, how are the rings attached to the head?? Or are they attached to the head?? I've never really looked into this before and it seems like a good option now that I look at it.

I think the grooves are machined and they are set in there. This is just based off of looking at mine. I am not a machinist nor, do I know the correct answer... but who knows maybe I am right LOL

HOOV3R

Reaction score

Best picture I have. Groove is cut into the head and the wire is a slight interference fit.
yzavenyn.jpg

swinky

Reaction score
Mines studded with the standard arps and oem gaskets. If it pukes with the s366 and 190/75s it's getting sold.

Latest posts

Members online