Best way to Launch

MorganM

Reaction score
Don't lock your rear axle it kills the power

You have evidence? Sorta sounds like what others are saying, but have you made back to back passes locked and not?

I cant get a clear understanding from this thread, but it seems like the best method known right now is to;

1. Completely disable traction/ stability control by holding the button down a few seconds;
2. and NOT lock the rear axle.

Its bizarre that the locker doesnt need to be engaged for both wheels to see power. WTF buy the e-locker?

Someone mentioned being able to kill stability control with the IDS using LEO settings so I'll visit a buddy's shop and see if we can confirm.

dseitler

Reaction score
After doing what was suggested in the thread I hold down the button for ten seconds and both are disengaged. Pull the button out and engage the locker. With the SPE locker it is fully locked no lights come on. I have to fix that so I don't leave it on. Small LED maybe. I can for the first time roast the tires to the rim if I want. Pretty impressive. Now that I have the power I have to learn how to launch with the short first gear. Have a meet Friday night at Palm Beach International Raceway. Need to get under 14.4 to stay in the top 5 with the group I'm in. I'm at 14.56 now. I'm betting on this and adding the MP8 to get me there. Thanks for the help

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I know the police mode worked on our '11

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What exactly does police mode disable? I want to be able to shut down the trac control and trailer sway control completely without having to do it every time the key is cycled.

live life full throttle

RedRice589

Reaction score
After doing what was suggested in the thread I hold down the button for ten seconds and both are disengaged. Pull the button out and engage the locker. With the SPE locker it is fully locked no lights come on. I have to fix that so I don't leave it on. Small LED maybe. I can for the first time roast the tires to the rim if I want. Pretty impressive. Now that I have the power I have to learn how to launch with the short first gear. Have a meet Friday night at Palm Beach International Raceway. Need to get under 14.4 to stay in the top 5 with the group I'm in. I'm at 14.56 now. I'm betting on this and adding the MP8 to get me there. Thanks for the help

Mine locks the tc in 2nd pretty quick seemed to accelerate quicker also. Can't launch as hard though.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I agree. I think that short gear hurts us on launch.

***kers will roll out and then it just stops hard then pulls off ok in 2nd and 3rd....

I'm ready to go try mine at the track. Soon I'll have my license back. And I'm right there with you for seein how hard it'll run.

dseitler

Reaction score
Yea you need to come down and see if you can. The early D-Max came with the 4:10. Great out of the hole and 1/8 mile but we are running them down at the end. With a 4:10 you would have to start out in second. Your running big tires though. Just kidding about second.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Yea you need to come down and see if you can. The early D-Max came with the 4:10. Great out of the hole and 1/8 mile but we are running them down at the end. With a 4:10 you would have to start out in second. Your running big tires though. Just kidding about second.

Lol I'm running stocks right now. With 35/12.50's you need all of first gear to get it moving. I want 4.10's for towing drag racing is for fun. I think 4.10's on stock 2nd gear launch may be necessary.

Latest posts

Members online