Broke the BTS

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
Pops blew the bts in his excursion today. Never beat on it, and only mods were the typical chip, gauges, and exhaust. Had a new 6.0 cooler installed when I put the tranny in. Started hesitating until rpms were increased yesterday so called Bryan and he said throw a new filter in it and fluid. Dropped the pan and had a decent amount of clutch material stuck to the magnet. That helped a bit, just called and said it 100% took a dump. Kinda pissed, never got over 200° either

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not shocked...heard that story from one guy two times. Same story.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the trans maybe should have been serviced a while ago and this issue never would have happened?? Or??

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
He said if it was the filter the media in it would be all distorted and sucked in from the lack of flow through it. Filter looked perfectly flat and resembled the new one to a T. It's right on the 2 year mark and said he has to see it before he'll warranty anything. Just got off the phone with tina

Layson

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the trans maybe should have been serviced a while ago and this issue never would have happened?? Or??

My friend went through (2) BTS transmissions in like 3,500 miles. He is stock. Did not tow anything at all either.

I got a bad TC right from the get-go from them. I made it 35 miles on the new one.

I think they have been having issues with TC's...

TyCorr

Reaction score
This isn't uncommon.

My twisted is in a truck that blew two bts running 175/80s and a 38r. Each lasted two months. Got 8 grand into a trans. Been gone for a year now. Doesnt frikkin want it back.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I have a bts in mine and it has always worked perfectly. I have around 15 to 20 thousand on it and when I went to a new setup I called him and he sent the new boost valve to increase line pressure to hold the new hp. As of right now track times put my truck at 850hp and no shifting problems whatsoever so I am all for bts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1431640839097.jpg

mandkole

Reaction score
There's 8 years on mine, but probably only 50-55K miles. Although Ive had a couple of recent random TCC issues, its worked great and it needs a filter service. Got 30 or so 1/4 mi laps on it. Last time the pan was off, there was a little material around the magnet, but that was it.

edit; is there a specific filter everyone uses? strictly has a good price on them, but want to just find one locally.

02BigD

Reaction score
I have a bts in mine and it has always worked perfectly. I have around 15 to 20 thousand on it and when I went to a new setup I called him and he sent the new boost valve to increase line pressure to hold the new hp. As of right now track times put my truck at 850hp and no shifting problems whatsoever so I am all for bts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much are you spraying?

Reaction score
When I cracked the case on my Bts and had to put the internals in a new case.the magnet was covered in clutch material.And all the clutches were burnt. It had been shifting great no slipping but it only had 7k on it. I called Brian told him my clutches were burnt and I needed new ones. I was willing to pay for them cause the trans is 3 years old. But he said he would take care of it if I pay shipping. For me to call back the next day and give them the shipping info and get a quote. I called back on and off for 2 months only getting his wife and she said Brian had not figured it up yet to call back. Finally I gave up. He just uses stock Borg clutches anyway so I just ordered them and put it back together. Been running perfect! If you can get him to take care of it and not charge you a fortune and get it done in less than 6 months then I say go for it. If not order some new clutches and a atsg book and do it yourself.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.