Broke the BTS

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
It ended up breaking the nut of the banjo bolt that the cooler line threads into.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I got some really good shifting transmissions from Brian, and yes, I broke them all, but.... it took a really long time at moderate power day in and day out to do it. The service life was probably about as good as it could be for the size of the parts taking the stress.

The return time was always months. Which is the ONLY reason I got a diagram and some stuff needed to tear them apart. I don't think he ever let me pay for anything that broke. Super dude to talk to.

I often wonder what happened with him and Cale, because I think he lost half his help right there and that might be when the turnaround went nuts.

Is Cale still in the 4R100 scene?

I have yet to produce sweet, smooth shifts like the stuff I got from Brian. Even though the parts inside apparently aren't anything special. Brian must do a good job with his orifice and valve sizing. I still haven't had the time to dive into the 4R more than just emergency patching broken chit thus far so I don't know what made them shift so well even under high load. I only had it come back one time with a lazy 2-3, and that's the one I have now retired in the frame of my red truck. At some point I'll tear it apart and have a look.

I think the guy just got swamped with work, or maybe it took something out of him when he and Cale split. Super cool guy. Breakfast is all I've ever payed for warranty work... wouldn't even let me buy a converter he replaced that I didn't even buy from him!

Brian's good people. I think he's overrun.
great dude for sure. i drove to his shop. didnt get there till after 6pm. he and another guy tore the trans out and replaced the converter. flexplate was warped. GAVE me a new one and was toping off the fluid in about 50 minutes.. would except a single dime for it either!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online