build thread: year of the 7.3s

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Well right now it's a stock stall. I've been talking about the converter but I don't have 4 months to send it to bts to get the stall changed. I've contemplated just out right buying a dpc or pi converter with a higher stall.

David N

Reaction score
Lookin' good Keith!

I know of several high horsepower 7.3 builds debuting this season, and they have a few tricks that have never really been done on the 7.3 platform before. I guess we will see soon enough!

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Well right now it's a stock stall. I've been talking about the converter but I don't have 4 months to send it to bts to get the stall changed. I've contemplated just out right buying a dpc or pi converter with a higher stall.

Your bts converter is a precision...... Just send it to them to get it re stalled

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I know but like I said I really don't have down time now. I may just buy one and sell the one I have now

If you call brian he should be able to drop ship you the converter you need then you can send yours back. At least that is what he did for me when I needed a converter this summer when I wallered out a bolt hole.

live life full throttle

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I'll have to call him again and ask. I'm also talking to barder about a bigger turbo option and looking at doing a 80mm billet wheel with race cover.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I'll be right there with ya. Just wrote a few files fueling past 4100rpm.

Also have 2 stages hooked up. But. I'm gonna start small with the nitrous lol. Probably a .05x and a .08x to start.

mattman347

Reaction score
.73 is where it's at! lol. Sounds like a lot if sprayin' and prayin' to me! I think it going to be a great year for the 7.3, can't wait to get to the track!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I'll be right there with ya. Just wrote a few files fueling past 4100rpm.

Also have 2 stages hooked up. But. I'm gonna start small with the nitrous lol. Probably a .05x and a .08x to start.

The 7.3 sound really nice 2 4000 and up RPMs. they make a gas sound stupid. The one tune I have that spins 4000 rpms sounds sweet!
The hard part is getting it to pull hard up top. Or at least getting it to match the pull @ 2750 to 3000 RPMs

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
.73 is where it's at! lol. Sounds like a lot if sprayin' and prayin' to me! I think it going to be a great year for the 7.3, can't wait to get to the track!

Ehh somewhat haha. It'll eventually go to 3 stages. I want it to break the 1k barrier at some point. Maybe some 7.3s entering diesel power challenge? Upset by a 7.3?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Mine didnt last with a stock bottom end for one pass before it started slowing down because of the number one rod getting shorter... good luck.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
No it has di pushrods, tho I don't remember when I took that picture. I was waiting for the prods in the mail so I had the stock ones still sitting in there.

Latest posts

Members online