build thread: year of the 7.3s

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Holding good. Hasn't dropped yet. We haven't gotten a big fuel tuned dialed in yet so it may change. With the setup it has I would think the fuel system will hold up

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Runs good, pulls hard. This thing has been retarded with how much stuff has gone on with it tho. Oil leaks, turbo ate the intake boot, and I had the tc bolts back out. Really its only driven for for 1 day tho so that stuff will be worked out

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
When you get all the bugs worked out it will interesting to see the data you come up with.

Ate the intake boot! What kind of boot was it? IS there a chance your filter does not flow the air needed so it sucked in the boot?

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I'm not sure how it happened, it sucked the boot off the intake pipe. May not have really been on there good.
Played with tuning some today, truck pulls insanely hard when it spools, problem is getting it lit without snuffing it. I would say it should make some good power when we get it to spool right.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe pull some fuel out down low and bring the icp up quicker? Have you tweaked the timing at all yet? You might be able to set it up to be defueled till the turbo gets lit to a certain point then let it have all the fuel again.

I am looking forward to seeing how this thing does!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Maybe pull some fuel out down low and bring the icp up quicker? Have you tweaked the timing at all yet? You might be able to set it up to be defueled till the turbo gets lit to a certain point then let it have all the fuel again.

I am looking forward to seeing how this thing does!

Im sure his tuner knows what he is doing, just needs more time with it and the injectors that are in the truck..

live life full throttle

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I'll try to get a video of the speedo here in a little bit, you can tell how hard it pulls when the turbo lights and just imagine it pulling that hard from the line rather than about 1/3 track

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Im sure his tuner knows what he is doing, just needs more time with it and the injectors that are in the truck..

live life full throttle

From the post above mine it sounded like HE was doing the tuning....

But easier way the question was still relevant....

I'll try to get a video of the speedo here in a little bit, you can tell how hard it pulls when the turbo lights and just imagine it pulling that hard from the line rather than about 1/3 track

Yea getting that turbo lit will be a good thing for you. I do not remember reading it anywhere. But what size is the exhaust housing? I am sure you posted it just cant remember.

It feels good when they pull hard! Nothing quite like it. Unless you are in a Jet... LOL

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
We ran into some issues. I may bring the truck by in the next week or 2 matt.

David, turbo is 75/92/1.15.

We managed to get some videos today. Here's a teaser.

Attachments

• 20140223_171125.jpg
    20140223_171125.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 132

Latest posts

Members online