Can 600hp be a long term reliable truck?

swinky

Reaction score
That's what I wanted to hear for sure. I'm thinking the 64.5 fmw and 190/75s will be a great match

The 66 spools great and makes 43psi on my setup if you feel like saving a couple bucks it's another good option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

04stroker

Reaction score
You can definitely do it reliably. My old truck was about 575rwhp ran it for over 2 years without issue. The current owner has been driving it for a year now with no issue as well. I never pulled but drag raced several times and towed pretty often. Let me know if I can help with any parts or build you some injectors.

swinky

Reaction score
You can definitely do it reliably. My old truck was about 575rwhp ran it for over 2 years without issue. The current owner has been driving it for a year now with no issue as well. I never pulled but drag raced several times and towed pretty often. Let me know if I can help with any parts or build you some injectors.

With arps and OEM gaskets?

Reaction score

I'll keep you in mind when the time comes, what was your 1/4?

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
You can do the math remans vs new... There is always the chance to get a bad new one and a good reman but as long as they are bench tested... I chose new bc I wanted them new... The 190/100s are good even on the street with gearhead reduced fuel... just gotta make sure u don't put it to the floor lol u'll shutdown the hwy

Reaction score
You can do the math remans vs new... There is always the chance to get a bad new one and a good reman but as long as they are bench tested... I chose new bc I wanted them new... The 190/100s are good even on the street with gearhead reduced fuel... just gotta make sure u don't put it to the floor lol u'll shutdown the hwy

Good point on the comparison. But I honestly hate smoke so I might go even smaller on the nozzle, just don't wanna lose power, just the smoke

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
U should be good with the 75 nozzle... bunch if people run those..
Remember that's my opinion not fact lol I am no mechanic even though I read diesel power lol

swinky

Reaction score
Good point on the comparison. But I honestly hate smoke so I might go even smaller on the nozzle, just don't wanna lose power, just the smoke

I went reman bc money. Got a 66, cutting edge divided up pipes and warren 190/75s for 2k.

04stroker

Reaction score
I had OEM gaskets and H-11 in that truck. Ran consistent 13.1 at 101 4 door long bed on 35's. Also might want to look into a 50% nozzle. We have some coming in should suite you really well. Built from new ford remans are much more reliable just because of having new spool valves. I do them both ways but building out of new ford remans gets a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. I will be building the injectors in my new to me 6.0 and they will be built out of Ford remans. We have also had good luck out if remans too just not quite as reliable as the ford ones. The key as someone mentioned earlier is just that you have a bench in house and every injector gets thouroughly tested before it leaves.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score

Tuners have gotten really good at making clean tunes. Sometimes I get disappointed when I'm on my street tune and romp on it when I see a buddy and just a little puff comes out of my stack LOL. And that's with 225/100's.

Reaction score
Tuners have gotten really good at making clean tunes. Sometimes I get disappointed when I'm on my street tune and romp on it when I see a buddy and just a little puff comes out of my stack LOL. And that's with 225/100's.

That's real good to hear. I get mad when my truck wants to stay in od instead of downshifting on the highway thou. Might change my tune to race just to prevent that. For some reason the race tune I have it likes to cruise about 250-300 rpm higher than normal.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
That's real good to hear. I get mad when my truck wants to stay in od instead of downshifting on the highway thou. Might change my tune to race just to prevent that. For some reason the race tune I have it likes to cruise about 250-300 rpm higher than normal.

I usually pop tow/haul on while merging and that keeps it from shifting into OD until I want it to

Dave

Reaction score
Tow haul doesn't stop the 5r from shifting into overdrive

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SmokedF747

Reaction score
I had gearhead make a fuel pulled tune on my truck so it doesn't smoke out the highway, and with my injectors it's easily attainable lol and I hope 600whp is "reliable" in a sense as well, thats where I believe my setup is currently, give or take.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Tow haul doesn't stop the 5r from shifting into overdrive

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well by technicality you cant really just cancel out the gear. But you are wrong in the sense that you cant delay OD with tow/haul, mine wont shift into OD until 90mph unless I turn tow/haul off. Any good tuner can lock out over drive

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Well by technicality you cant really just cancel out the gear. But you are wrong in the sense that you cant delay OD with tow/haul, mine wont shift into OD until 90mph unless I turn tow/haul off. Any good tuner can lock out over drive

Yeah that's what I was getting at.. I use t/h a lot when accelerating to keep smoke down

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.