cknox121's slow build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Sound and unusable power, odd I know. This thing is a monster and I love it, but it's almost not practical. We will see though.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

unusable power? you cant be serious. that thing doesnt make anywhere close to 1000 .

sootie

Reaction score
Attention Deficit Disorder.

or else....a crap load of small issues that arent talked about. i almost go crazy over the little things that take time to get worked out after a build.

johnp115

Reaction score
unusable power? you cant be serious. that thing doesnt make anywhere close to 1000 .

And also including the fact that a "1000hp" diesel can be driven at 4,5,600 hp. Just tune it down some but then the full power is always still available (as long as the turbo setup is still drivable, which compounds are). One of the great things about diesels compared to high hp gas motors.

If it's the in cab noise that's annoying you then I understand but like said before I can't see it being too much.

Cknox121

Reaction score

No, but it's the most HP i have ever owned lol. It's not unusable, I should say it's to usable, meaning I want to mash the skinny pedal to the floor every time get in the damn thing.

Attention Deficit Disorder.

or else....a crap load of small issues that arent talked about. i almost go crazy over the little things that take time to get worked out after a build.

Only small issues are the damn funky acting transmission and one small exhaust leak were the hp turbo and up pipes connect. Simple fix, I'm just burned out on working on it honestly. Soon as I have a free weekend, that one and only "issue" will be taken care of.

The noise is loud, but only like 5-10 psi, which is cruising boost, it's also very loud when I towed that truck. Guess I'm used to that f-150 I drove while the truck was getting built lol. Super quite...or maybe I'm making excuses to get a 6.7 😁

Cknox121

Reaction score
The fack?? Blowed a boot and oil was everywhere
00d44b958ce38c7874b7343ccc0b6345.jpg
aa2f7f93a37a32fa126b16eaec0c6ec2.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
any in-out shaft play?

frickin risky if there is that much oil your tubes, the intercooler is likely pretty full. pull off the bottom boot and drain it prior to driving.

Cknox121

Reaction score
any in-out shaft play?

frickin risky if there is that much oil your tubes, the intercooler is likely pretty full. pull off the bottom boot and drain it prior to driving.

Just made it to my work shop, about 30 miles from home... When I installed the LP turbo was zero shaft play, and the HP is brand new...draining inter cooler as I type this. About 30 seconds from taking all this off. Sh!ts so frustrating. I just want to drive the damn thing lol

Cknox121

Reaction score
I believe it's the lp turbo, both have the same shaft play. Maybe a 1mm in and out, no side play. No oil build up in inter cooler, but lots in the hot side pipe, right out of the hp turbo...

sootie

Reaction score
I believe it's the lp turbo, both have the same shaft play. Maybe a 1mm in and out, no side play. No oil build up in inter cooler, but lots in the hot side pipe, right out of the hp turbo...

thats a bit of play. there really shouldnt be any.

could it be a lack of sufficient oil supply to keep the bearings happy?

Cknox121

Reaction score
thats a bit of play. there really shouldnt be any.

could it be a lack of sufficient oil supply to keep the bearings happy?

Plenty of oil supply of you ask me. I disconnected coolant and oil supply line, fired truck up and the flow A LOT lol. Headed to ford to get coolant and oil.

Where do the others tap in for the remote mounted atmos? IIRC I thought I seen were they tap into the original oil feed?

Latest posts

Members online