cknox121's slow build

Cknox121

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/119715854

Drove it for the first time tonight. "Stock" on the minimax. I can't quit grinning.

Also fixed the ebp issue. Tube was completely stopped up.
748b64ad43037035a1a5e41b007ddd48.jpg

Thought I fixed oil leak but it's back...damn I didn't want to pull that turbo lol. Maybe tomorrow

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
Pulled lp turbo and fixed leak. Drove it to work today, drives like stock chargers! Whistle isn't bad unless it's pulling a fairly large hill. I'm in love with it lol. Going to call gearhead and get a new engine file and trans tunes. Still a little finicky in the shifts...

webb06

Reaction score
Pulled lp turbo and fixed leak. Drove it to work today, drives like stock chargers! Whistle isn't bad unless it's pulling a fairly large hill. I'm in love with it lol. Going to call gearhead and get a new engine file and trans tunes. Still a little finicky in the shifts...

Awesome! Excited to see how much power it puts down once the tuning is dialed in.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Awesome! Excited to see how much power it puts down once the tuning is dialed in.

I'm am too. Feels very strong!

So, I'm getting gassed by fumes. Thinking I have an exhaust leak somewhere. Joy... Looks like where the up pipes connect to HP turbo. I may have not clocked exhaust housing enough. Gotta love a good build lol.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Loaded gearhead tuning...Engine tune is great, needs a little pw takin out. Trans tuning needs some work. It's lurching/jumping during the 3-4 shift and durning 4tc lock.

Little data -Half throttle stock power level

Ebp -68psi
Boost-54psi
Egt-850

Only gate I have plumped is total back pressure gate. Thinking I need some more psi on it to hold it shut. Thoughts?

Also looking for a set of gauges to monitor lp boost psi, and overall boost. Thoughts on those as well?

Everything's running great, one small exhaust leak coming from hp turbo. Fix that this weekend. Still on the edge as to weather or not I like the set up...noise gets kinda old quick, but staying around 60-70mph it's not terrible. I can see it getting old on a long trip. I'll run this for a while and see if it grows on me. Oh, and I would feel comfortable towing any size load. Spool is great, even on the stock power level. Maybe bump it up to tow level tomorrow. I also put a new set of 35/12.50/20 nitto trail grapplers. Now I can actually hear the radio lol.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Transmission is acting up... running gearheads regular trans tune. He sent me a refresher with 3-4 shift smoothed up (was banging hard still) and 4 and 5th gears truck was jumping when the TC locked. All smooth, but now Im getting a shutter/slipping/shaking feeling going from 3-4-4tc-5tc. Only happens over 1/4 throttle but under 1/2" throttle. Ideas so I can tell Matt? Im going to run it for a 1-2 hundred miles and see what happens instead of throwing new tunes at it. FYI Im running his street tuning. Does this on all power levels.

Jbird

Reaction score
That was before he loaded the new tunes. They might have taken care of whatever the cel was on for

Cknox121

Reaction score
Correct. Trans it's just shuttering at about 20% throttle. Any more or less throttle and it goes away...

Cknox121

Reaction score
CEL was for fuel cooler and vgt coolant pump, which no longer exists

Cknox121

Reaction score
Little up date. Trucks running great. Still fighting trans tuning issues but hope to get that taken care of this week.

Towed a 01 2500hd ccsb Chevy gas truck (it's our hunting club truck) and it did well. Highest EGT's got with me pushing it was 1200, eot 211, coolant 209, trans 203. Truck does haze pretty bad when pulling a hill with this load in 5th tc locked, but on Matts trans tunes he does the tow/haul button to lock in 4th tc locked which really helps. I will have some more videos up beginning of this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.