Cknox121

Reaction score
Where did you tap in for boost? Hot pipe? I thought about drilling intercooler

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
It's steel. You can weld on it, that all I did. Weld a bung on it and go

Sweet!

Trucks close. Have to get shorter bolts for the BD manifolds and a couple fittings to plum coolant into vgt. Also waiting on Randall to send me his egr delete coolant plugs. Other then that everything's here. Hoping to have it finished up by Thursday.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Waiting on 2 damn coolant plugs for the egr lol. Story of my life. But everything else is on and ready to set can down tomorrow if the plugs come in. These BD manifolds are huge, heavy and a royal pain in the a$$ to install. I wouldn't even attempt can on. Everything else when fine. Question though, the down pipe is touching the up pipe. Will this rattle or cause unwanted noise? It will it be fine? If it will make noise I'm going to have to give it the BFH treatment.

Pictures to enjoy
75b69da091e75263f20f9f2b47e5a121.jpg
661da9cf2cc2b2da433d321316f355ba.jpg
de4d60a53612a353e0ec13bacf88fe71.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
Waiting on 2 damn coolant plugs for the egr lol. Story of my life. But everything else is on and ready to set can down tomorrow if the plugs come in. These BD manifolds are huge, heavy and a royal pain in the a$$ to install. I wouldn't even attempt can on. Everything else when fine. Question though, the down pipe is touching the up pipe. Will this rattle or cause unwanted noise? It will it be fine? If it will make noise I'm going to have to give it the BFH treatment.

Pictures to enjoy
75b69da091e75263f20f9f2b47e5a121.jpg
661da9cf2cc2b2da433d321316f355ba.jpg
de4d60a53612a353e0ec13bacf88fe71.jpg

I would dent in either the dp or the up pipe a touch so they aren't touching. I assume you tried to realign the dp so it isn't touching?

Cknox121

Reaction score
I would dent in either the dp or the up pipe a touch so they aren't touching. I assume you tried to realign the dp so it isn't touching?

Yup. No luck... I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of some of the parts I have installed since I have had the cab off. I know stuff can't be made 100% exact fit, but damn, I wonder some times.

webb06

Reaction score
Yup. No luck... I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of some of the parts I have installed since I have had the cab off. I know stuff can't be made 100% exact fit, but damn, I wonder some times.

What brand is it?

Cknox121

Reaction score
What brand is it?

Iirc SDP. Randall would know though.

It's not just the down pipe though, lots of other parts needed some massaging and a truck load of swear words to be installed.

webb06

Reaction score
Iirc SDP. Randall would know though.

It's not just the down pipe though, lots of other parts needed some massaging and a truck load of swear words to be installed.

Interesting. Usually those fit great.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Be happy you don't have a 6 speed. Every down pipe hits the transmission. And then some you can't get it to go in if there is a wastage port on them. That's very frustrating. I did my 6.0 manifolds cab on and the passenger side was tight. I definitely had a few beers!

Cknox121

Reaction score
Be happy you don't have a 6 speed. Every down pipe hits the transmission. And then some you can't get it to go in if there is a wastage port on them. That's very frustrating. I did my 6.0 manifolds cab on and the passenger side was tight. I definitely had a few beers!

So I have heard. Lucky me Im auto. Still, just the fitment of the last couple of parts I have had has been sub par. Obviously I understand all things are not created equal. Through the fighting, cursing, throwing wrenches, and more cursing every thing is on lol and functioning well. Got to love aftermarket part :D

Just need them damn egr plugs...

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah i hear ya. For the most part things fit good but it's when you need it to fit our it's almost impossible to get to....... It doesn't fit quite right! I hate that haha. When are the plugs going to be there?

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
That's weird man. Those BD manifolds are definitely bulky, that's for sure. And yea, SDP downpipe and RCD up pipes. Sucks about the fitment issues but it looks DAMN GOOD! Coolant plugs are shipped yesterday, hopefully they get there fast.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Yeah i hear ya. For the most part things fit good but it's when you need it to fit our it's almost impossible to get to....... It doesn't fit quite right! I hate that haha. When are the plugs going to be there?

No kidding. Just aggravating.
Hopefully today, for sure tomorrow.

That's weird man. Those BD manifolds are definitely bulky, that's for sure. And yea, SDP downpipe and RCD up pipes. Sucks about the fitment issues but it looks DAMN GOOD! Coolant plugs are shipped yesterday, hopefully they get there fast.

Good deal bud! Honestly believe they are the hardest thing I have done lol. Hardly any room to get your hands in on the passenger side. Thank goodness for flex head ratchets.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.