cknox121's slow build

Cknox121

Reaction score
Update. Purchased a set of OUO traction bar. Man what a chore to install. Great product but a pain in the ass to install. Drilling the damn driver side mount and hit the harness. Joy, break light and blinker not working . So guess I have to drop the fuel tank to fix that later...fml. Fwiw I opted to drill and tap drive side, since there is zero room next to fuel tank. Honestly wish they make the front mounts weld on like the rear. Would be 10x easier.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

97stoker350

Reaction score
My ouo stuff was plate steel cut and bent to the angles needed. I think it would a been all right. One perk to an obs is there's plenty of room not to hit stuff under there lol

Cknox121

Reaction score
My ouo stuff was plate steel cut and bent to the angles needed. I think it would a been all right. One perk to an obs is there's plenty of room not to hit stuff under there lol

Passenger side is clear, driver side is a cluster. It was either mount then way up front, or take a chance mount by the fuel tank. Oh well. Give me something to do one day when I get bored.

How hard is it to drop the fuel tank?

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
Oh man, should have asked best way!! I got a 2x4 and clamped it right behind where I was drilling so I wouldn't hit anything. I also bought like 4 of the 3/8's(I think?) drill bits from Fastenal. The good ones. Ended up using 3. Also used cutting oil and it really helped. It was a pain but not horrible. Mine was also plate steel, not cast. Pictures of them on?

Cknox121

Reaction score
I had a piece of 1/2" rubber, but forgot to move the damn thing down lol. To many beers I guess.

Never ran bars before, but they will be on every truck I own. Rear feels planted all the time, cut way down on the vibrations as well. No wrap when I rock it back and forth in park like before. Pretty happy with them.

Pictures:
db9808f3f653b65f91e40a84890c8eba.jpg
a36b2266b1131ca428cb2f62f2927c2f.jpg
2075efaf23462ca880d377917556b538.jpg
a020534c6276b1c0965f127b819c1075.jpg

CT9AIX

Reaction score
How did you end up finding the spot on the frane for the mount? I've seen lots of people loading the bed so it squats, then unload and take weight off truck ect ect ect... Only reason I ask is because I have a set to install soon and I was wondering.

Truck looks killer btw! Sleeper status!

Cknox121

Reaction score
So did it cure that crap while towing?

Kinda, Still does it. Possibly might be the ball. It has a play in the mount so IDK. FWIW B&W turn over ball hitch. It does it while unloaded. I grossed 19.6K the other day and it didnt do it.

How did you end up finding the spot on the frane for the mount? I've seen lots of people loading the bed so it squats, then unload and take weight off truck ect ect ect... Only reason I ask is because I have a set to install soon and I was wondering.

Truck looks killer btw! Sleeper status!

mount the frame mounts and then the bars adjust to the length. They were long enough to mount a good 6-8" in front of the mid cab mount.

I would suggest to OUO to make all the mounts weld on for those who prefer that. I know I would have.

Thanks. Im pretty happy with it! Kinda digging the "stock" look lol

Latest posts

Members online