cknox121's slow build

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
You can get ALL DATA DIY is really good. Its only like $30/year and is like gold when working on a truck. Has everything you could think of and then some. It has been unbelievably easy to look things up and use for me over the past few years. I would not go without it that is forsure.

Cknox121

Reaction score
You can get ALL DATA DIY is really good. Its only like $30/year and is like gold when working on a truck. Has everything you could think of and then some. It has been unbelievably easy to look things up and use for me over the past few years. I would not go without it that is forsure.

Just checked that out. Will be purchasing for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cknox121

Reaction score
do them. its a must.

I have read plenty of threads where people do them and don't do them.

I'm very mechanically inclined, I did a cam swap, rockers, spring valves, push rods, etc. on my old 6.0 chevy 1500, but have never done anything to the bottom end of the motor.

I'm sure there are special tools, clearances and such when doing a bottom end. Guess I'm just a little timid when I think about it. Plus there isn't much reading material on exactly what to do. Hope I can find some in a ford tech book.

webb06

Reaction score
Didn't you not do them at first? Can't remember if I read you had or haven't.

Any pointers for a newb on bottom ends of a motor would be nice!

I did everything at once. The ford repair manual will have all clearances and torque specs you need. Step by step. Atleast mine does.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have read plenty of threads where people do them and don't do them.

I'm very mechanically inclined, I did a cam swap, rockers, spring valves, push rods, etc. on my old 6.0 chevy 1500, but have never done anything to the bottom end of the motor.

I'm sure there are special tools, clearances and such when doing a bottom end. Guess I'm just a little timid when I think about it. Plus there isn't much reading material on exactly what to do. Hope I can find some in a ford tech book.

ive popped (3) 6.4 motors with stock pistons.

Latest posts

Members online