Cranks but no start.

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
I posted yesterday that I pulled the vc's and cranked but could not see an oil leak. Very little if anything. Hard to tell what was residual oil and what might be leaking oil. Definitely no streams of oil leak at the injectors.

I didn't see that. But I will say, there should be no oil coming from around the base of the injector. Only from the spit spout.
You did say you installed a new IPR and harness right? Did you install a new IPR solenoid as well?

95powersmoker

Reaction score
I didn't see that. But I will say, there should be no oil coming from around the base of the injector. Only from the spit spout.
You did say you installed a new IPR and harness right? Did you install a new IPR solenoid as well?

Yes got the IPR with new solenoid and pigtail from riffraff.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Ok guys, just put the mechanical gauge on both hpop lines with the opposite side capped. Crank for two seconds and then the pressure jumps to 3500psi and claims to a max of about 37-3800psi. So it looks like hpop is fine. Does this definitively say injector o rings are my problem?

joe d

Reaction score
If its not leaking oil as in blockes not cracked or oil plugs not leaking then i would lean towars the injector orings?... I have a set you can have of you want for 50$ and the ride obo have you pressurised the oil rail to see if it will hold psi or gargle inside the head/under valve cover.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Ok guys, just put the mechanical gauge on both hpop lines with the opposite side capped. Crank for two seconds and then the pressure jumps to 3500psi and claims to a max of about 37-3800psi. So it looks like hpop is fine. Does this definitively say injector o rings are my problem?

Good you verified that the HPOP is good but you need to put the mechanical gauge on the head. Once plumbed into the head, remove and plug the opposite side HPO line to the head. Then crank the motor. Then do the same to the opposite side. This will verify if the o-rings are good/bad.

If you want me to walk you through it, PM me your number.

Billy T.
[email protected]

95powersmoker

Reaction score
5/8 squared orings were cut through. The rest were knicked. Slapped a new set of Alliant power orings and she started up third set of cranking.

Thanks guys for all the help. You all nailed it on the head from the get go.

Latest posts

Members online