"Crude Intentions" Build

sootie

Reaction score
curious if your ebp readings are erratic...

did you get your tunes adjusted for the bigger hp turbo?

could also watch rail pressure.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
curious if your ebp readings are erratic...

did you get your tunes adjusted for the bigger hp turbo?

could also watch rail pressure.
Yes the truck has always had IDP tunes. Before it ever left the shop for the first time I had then revise then for RCD 60%s industrial pump and 76/59 chargers. When I get back from vacation I will data log a pass and see what it comes up with. I relocated the EBS to the headers.

sootie

Reaction score
that is a likely possibility. How do you have it plumbed? the tials have a top and side port correct? where are you getting your boost pressure from?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
It very well could be. This is my first experience with setting a gate. It's a Tial 44mm. I put a 20psi spring in it for pre boost. And I Plumbed the regulator in. I messed with it and got it to 35psi. Tried to adjust it more and it went down to 33.
Which port on the wg are you using for boost reference?

Lol treed..^^^

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Top port on the gate

so your side port is open then? if so, that is good. when i had a similar issue we put the heaviest combo of springs in there so the gate doesnt creep open and "snaps" shut when below desired pressure. we then grabbed boost from a bung on the intake elbow and ran it thru a simple air compressor style regulator to the top port of the gate. start by running it on only spring with the regulator closed. monitor ebp closely. start opening the regulator a turn at a time until you are up to the max ebp you want to see. boost can be tricky to follow and sometimes misleading. you may find that it falling on its face is another issue but at least you will have a correctly set gate in a safe manner lol

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
No the 3 side ports are plugged off with the supplied stainless plugs. Only thing open is the water coolant ports. That's how Anderson told me to set it up, along with the 20psi spring.

I have a bung welded into the passenger CAC pipe and ran over to the supplied regulator. Then it goes to the top of the gate.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh and Mike I PM'ED your FB business page last week about a new intake elbow. I'm not worry about it now but I'd like to figure out what I need Monday morning.

pm me here, as jeremy handles the FB page .i'll get you squared away , no problemo .

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
So after driving it around this morning I'm curious if it's not in the tuning. I don't think I remember telling IDP that I swapped from 3.73 ratio to 4.10s . It seems to up shift before I would like it. And it's very hard to get it to down shift. If I can keep the RPMS high and flog the crap out of it it runs like an animal. The one hit it made 43psi was freaking awesome.

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
dd135a1fd14bf43bd5f828d504882f9f.jpg

So we got the Waste gate figured out at 3am on Saturday morning. It was raining so a good pull wasn't possible, just blew the duals off like it was nothing. But 43psi came on fast and hard!
By 10am I was on the dyno. I'm pleased with the numbers. We think we can make some tuning adjustments and get a few extra ponies out of it. But for the first day of playing with it, I was very very pleased.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I'm standing in the background on the other side that's not shown lol

FYI your truck spools lightning fast. It's pretty awesome to watch!

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I'm standing in the background on the other side that's not shown lol

FYI your truck spools lightning fast. It's pretty awesome to watch!
Thanks man, I'm not gonna lie it a fawking awesome feeling. Should have came up and said hi. I've hardly met but a few people in person off here.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Thanks man, I'm not gonna lie it a fawking awesome feeling. Should have came up and said hi. I've hardly met but a few people in person off here.

I was standing right next to Cody Gorman aka Sixx Sloww. I didn't realize whose truck it was until Cody said something then I was like OH!! Oops lol

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
I was standing right next to Cody Gorman aka Sixx Sloww. I didn't realize whose truck it was until Cody said something then I was like OH!! Oops lol
Oh yeah I know Cody, Ryan, and have met Joel once. That's all I know from Michigan on here. Other than that I've met the Midwest and rcd guys.