custom twin turbos with true dual exhaust

jr1993

Reaction score
Just shooting a question out there. Is it possible to hook up two turbos but instead of the usual compound setup, make them separate. Im talking hook one turbo up and have it feed 4 cylinders and the other feeding the other 4, then, obviously you would have 2 exhaust pipes, therefor having true duals. i know it would take a lot of custom fabrication and a lot of other things. all i want to know is given that i would have all the supporting mods to do it, would it work? yes and no with explanation will do.

2006nytro

Reaction score
its been done i don't remember by who but i don't think it was all that impersive. and it would be a pita. compounds are tried and tested and proven to make good hp.. just saying

jr1993

Reaction score
if I'm not mistaken in that url that sds97 7.3 posted he has the intake manifolds both hooked up to that cooler would it be possible to separate them? as in run two different air to air coolers? obviously not a full size one.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I didn't think parallel turbos were that great of a set-up, I was under the impression compounds were a more efficient way

jr1993

Reaction score
im not really concerned if its very efficient if it runs pretty decent id be ok with that. i just think its a neat idea and not a whole lot of people have done it.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
IIRC Pius had a hand in building this setup for Darrell Keel. Each turbo fed the opposite intake bank.

Darrell has had problems with spool, nothing a little juice didn't fix though. He's tried multiple turbo setups and it took a while but he found a combo that spooled very nicely.

I would talk to Pius@Bell Turbo for a setup like that... He has built a setup like that before

Yes. It's possible. Hell, you could keep the sides separate all the way into the intake manifolds.

2090355370075357198S425x425Q85.jpg

davey99ps

Reaction score
Why would you go through the trouble of fabbing that up when theres more proven set-ups out there, seems like a waste of time an $, but its your truck an $ so have fun.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Why would you go through the trouble of fabbing that up when theres more proven set-ups out there, seems like a waste of time an $, but its your truck an $ so have fun.

Exactly what I was thinking... It won't be a weekend project and the parts don't come in a kit. You'll be dropping 10x the amount of time and money on a parrellel setup than you would with a proven setup.

But, if you do do it, good luck and keep us updated. It's always cool to see ''different" projects.

jr1993

Reaction score
thats kinda what I'm going for, different. how many people do you know that have true dual exhaust on their power stroke?

davey99ps

Reaction score
Seems like a ton of work just to say you have true duals. Some questions you might wanna ask yourself before you tear into it, do you have something else to drive while your truck is down cuz it always takes way longer an way more $ than you originally planned. Have you ever done this type of modding before, like dirtboy said this isnt a kit you can buy, your gonna drop alotta coin an time on doing this. If you need your truck an don't have the experience an tools needed, id stick to a somewhat proven combo. I'm not trying to discourage you, but the truck that was posted is a dedicated pulling truck if I'm not mistaken.

jr1993

Reaction score
i do have another vehicle, i have all the tools and lots of hands to help i know its not gonna be easy or cheap

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
There was a black regular can that ran parallel turbos. I think the sn was chris97f350 or something like that. There are videos of it and it hauls the mail big time

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online