Dark copper metallic..

TyCorr

Reaction score
People who are minimalists don't buy king ranches...first glaring contradiction. Secondly if you use something its not unnecessary. If people all thought that way we'd be hand nailing houses and using corded drills and screwguns to do everything.

Your body style truck is the last true worktruck. They were nice but still trucks. The 11+, while nice are kinda faggy for people not cruising around empty, unloaded, and freaking out if sonething dirty is in the truck.

Im not a slob or jaded but when you cant get a truck without a cutesy console and 16 cupholders in the area where a woman used to sit to give you road head, you have a purse on wheels.

I like them but i just cant bring myself to spend thst kind of cheese in something I intend to abuse. I have a 00 that will pull my enclosed trailer in stock form. So im good. I currently have over 500hp but thats irrelevant lol.

As for the 6.4 trucks my take is this the fx4 style trucks are clean and they look good in the way athletic fear does. Grey, black, white, silver, and red accents...like a nice outfit you wear to kift weights. Lol

The king ranch is the brown toned, upscale classed version. Its more conservative. Like cowboy boots and a crisp plaid button down. Its fir the guy who doesnt bum around in a flatbill hat and oversized basketball shorts and nike shox when hes off work.

If you see a kid that tries to black out a king ranch and make it m9re like an fx4 it just doesnt work. Because they are different. Its like the simplicity of a blk/white drawing versus a colored photo. Both can be incredible but they dont overlap.

Designers know this. Its obvious from the instant appeal that the monochrome fx4 and kr have both had. They are iargely unchanged and regarded as good looking still today.

Work within those two ideas and you cant go wrong.

Anyone remember that guy "weaver" from psn? He had that copper kr with black xd monsters or ambushes on it. He perfected the clean kr look. As did shone with his white/tan butterscotch sundae kr. Both elegant yet had a custom touch. If you love the way a two tone creates a nice line to appreciate the paint and the wheels, those trucks have to rank at the top. And the guy with the blk/silver 6.4 that got wrecked. It was on 22x12 blk/mach fuel nutz.

Then you have your stark, artistic looking designs. The ptm white. The ptm silvers. The black etc..

I just got off work so disregard if it comes off pointless..

TyCorr

Reaction score
I like your truck too. It looks pretty tough as it sits.

My old turd is getting the 07 front, the 08 rear, and all silver with 20x12 and 35s for now. Its stock height again.

The paint guy wants me to do red and a 15 conversion. I shot him down on the 15 bs as its embarrassing when people do that, imo. But i have totally ruled out the red.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Tycorr,
Thanks for the post; had to read it twice to grasp everything but thanks.
Iv been looking at as many KR color combos as possible lately and what your saying make sense.

I did purchase the KR because I liked the classy look of it. So I feel some PTM and minimal shiny parts could fit my style if I give it a chance.

My favorite part of the two tone is the lower portion where my least favorite is the fender flairs and bed rail covers.

So here's where what I'm thinking,
color match the bed rails and flairs (pocket style) in the copper.

Have the bottom tan redone like the Cabela's style.

PTM Grill surround copper with tan mesh. Leaning towards the one piece like a 6.7 (behind it will be super chrome powder coated intercooler and accessories.

That should mesh with the chrome or polished ( not truly sure of the difference ) rims.
I would leave them as is in the beginning and possibly PTM copper the lip or face plate after giving it time for the shiny look to grow on me.

Some PTM suspension parts and that's it.

Unsure of what color I'd do the bumpers in. Going to go aftermarket so unsure of what color would look best.

I'm thinking that will be a nice twist while not taking away from the classy look and still being personal to me.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Not necesarily...if everything else is painted it looks good with ither shizz. But there arent any rules...

You can get a new truck with the center seat. Mine has it.

My truck has small dings etc. I use it as a truck, but take care of it. I believe these new truck are just as much trucks As the older ones. Only difference is you can get more options. Doesn't mean you need to get those options.

One thing I love over my old trucks, is the factory reverse cam. Sure makes hooking up to a bumper pull nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I personally like the full length center consol, not a fan of the space between the consol and dash where the cup holder flips down.
I wonder if I could fit a 6.7 center console in the 6.4
Iv thought about just having somthing custom done with the space to make extra storage and possible hold an extra set of speakers.
Have not seen much on people doing it but I'm pretty sure It caint be all that complicated.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Tycorr,
Thanks for the post; had to read it twice to grasp everything but thanks.
Iv been looking at as many KR color combos as possible lately and what your saying make sense.

I did purchase the KR because I liked the classy look of it. So I feel some PTM and minimal shiny parts could fit my style if I give it a chance.

My favorite part of the two tone is the lower portion where my least favorite is the fender flairs and bed rail covers.

So here's where what I'm thinking,
color match the bed rails and flairs (pocket style) in the copper.

Have the bottom tan redone like the Cabela's style.

PTM Grill surround copper with tan mesh. Leaning towards the one piece like a 6.7 (behind it will be super chrome powder coated intercooler and accessories.

That should mesh with the chrome or polished ( not truly sure of the difference ) rims.
I would leave them as is in the beginning and possibly PTM copper the lip or face plate after giving it time for the shiny look to grow on me.

Some PTM suspension parts and that's it.

Unsure of what color I'd do the bumpers in. Going to go aftermarket so unsure of what color would look best.

I'm thinking that will be a nice twist while not taking away from the classy look and still being personal to me.

Thoughts?

You should put some square lights in the rear bumper while your at it... It cant be too hard. Just use a grinder or a sawzall and in no time you will have some sweet back up lights:D

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Hahahaha. You ****er you; that's why I will be getting new bumpers. Lol
Surprised you did not attach a photo of my piss pore attempt.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Ha. I know forced upgrades all to well.
Not that it takes much effort for me to want more; I always want more.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I like the one on the white Chevy. It doesn't look like it sticks as far out as the one on the dodge. But it also doesn't have the big bar coming out of the front either. They look beefy as hell!

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Right on, Iv heard he will work with the design as requested so that's a plus.

As for that link, thanks.
Iv always admired Brian's truck as one of the nicest copper KR iv seen.

20s ha minimum 22s if not 24s. As I see a lot of guys go 22s and then want 24s. Figure go big and I can always come back down . But who knows only time will tell and as you know I got time lol.

Aprricate all the input, at least know I know I'm sticking with the primary colors and won't be second guessing the upcoming powder work.

yoder

Reaction score
My 06 was repainted without the tan underline. I looked at black wheels but with my chrome steps it didnt fit to me. The bumpers were also painted to match. And kind of an fx4 grill.

Attachments

• 20141026_170257.jpg
    20141026_170257.jpg
    870.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20141026_170138.jpg
    20141026_170138.jpg
    906.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 2012-04-27_09-39-22_921.jpg
    2012-04-27_09-39-22_921.jpg
    672 KB · Views: 74

yoder

Reaction score
Sure. Got anything specific you want to see.

Attachments

• IMAG0128.jpg
    IMAG0128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
  • 2012-05-26_19-18-49_369.jpg
    2012-05-26_19-18-49_369.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20140516_184043.jpg
    20140516_184043.jpg
    915.6 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Members online