Dark copper metallic..

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Nicely done yoder, by any chance have a before picture to compare?

I like how only the bottom portion of the fender flares are the two tone color.
Would really like to see how this looks on a copper/tan combo.
4cb4ed3d81502dfe8b8fd9e1b7c7d894.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
For me, that technique is dizzying unless the colors continue on into the bumpers and grille. It seems likecan incomplete concept like that. Must be ocd lol

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I see what your saying " where the front flare meets the bumper"
I did not see that at first and 100% agree; I would have the grill and bumpers PTM as well so I think it would work.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea. The two tone camp is definitely two different groups. Some like the two colors and a simple horizontal stripe effect. Others want an unbroken line of the accent color essentially cutting the surface into two distiguishable halves. The latter being effective at highlighting the seperated halves independently. Which on a truck would accent your wheel choice. If you had a black truck with black and silver (machined) wheels it can be a bit too much black and the wheels don't pop. Do a silver band of two tone complete with slim, stock style flares and silver bumpers and it turns the truck from custom to a work of art.

In the true subject of this thread, i still think a kr guy needs to maintain a degree of the earth tone to keep the inherent feel of the design in place. Solid copper will look like a confused red shade, the bottom without flares looks like a compromise because the lines arent clean enough to highlight (think f450).

Body:copper painted solid. Grille frame painted copper. Either a stock style grille or a frame/mesh grille. The mesh or space between the bars need be tan.

Flares:tan. The slim oem ones
Bumpers: tan
Bedcaps:if you use the truck leave them tan. Otherwise sand, adhesion promoter, and copper basecoat/clear.

Going this far, you will have to detail everything or its going to look like ****cock. Copper heads with a tan center band, emblems will need to be SOLID copper with tan text. Id say the mirror be solid copper.

Wheels will need color added to really bring it all together. And not just a faceplate.

Bigshow

Reaction score
Lots of good reading. I have a 2008 CCSB F350 King Ranch that I bought to replace my 2008 F250 Lariat.
The KR was owned by a friend of mine and barely driven. I wanted it badly, then when I got it home and looked at it for a few months, it bored me. I decided on a plan and its in place now. The truck is getting the ******s, etc done now. I have the factory 20" rims at a place that refinished rims. They are stripping the clear, and polishing the aluminum to be more chrome - like, and re clear coating them. The stuff on the rims that's the tan color will remain, just the leading surfaces will be shinier. I found (after lots of searching) a Harley Davidson grille and the front fender vents. They will get the copper treatment. I prefer the HD grille as it has 8 smaller diameter horizontal bars vs 6 larger ones on the chrome kit grille. There is a guy who took the HD symbol off his side vents and replaced with the KR one. I'm doing that. The Ford ovals will get painted with copper covering the blue, and tan going where the chrome is. The tailgate latch will get painted copper. I got a set of headlights painted, with tan where the orange reflector was. And a few other things. It will take a while for me to get this all done. Hoping it improves the appearance but it's so hard to tell until done...

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Can anyone verify this is the correct paint code for the dark copper on the 2008 KR; don't have the truck Handy to get the vin info.

3b470fb6325184571ef1be4d13cc722b.jpg

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online