Delete or not to delete?

Idiesel

Reaction score
Okay guys this might be a worn out topic but Im so caught in the middle on this one. I want to delete to help out with mileage and prolong engine life. But don't want to cause anymore strain by bumping hp so I was going to just run it on stock. Also with this epa junk going on i don't want to delete it then have to put it back on. So I'm looking for some honest answers here on what everyone thinks.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Idiesel

Reaction score
I've been seeing the 37k fine but when and where did someone receive this fine?

Sent from my iPhone

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I don't think any individual has got the fine that I know of as of yet, but it might be a little more realistic now that the tuners have been nailed down on it.

As far as a 6.7 goes I don't feel there are enough pros vs cons on doing it. I'll get flamed for it but that's my personal opinion.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I have to agree with Dustin. Right now, they work well stock and with little to no issues. I'd say drive it. Enjoy the power, comfort and warranty. Click 100k and then throw parts at it if you want. That's just me though

A.thoma

Reaction score
delete delete delete after seeing what an egr valve makes your insides look like makes me sickkkkk but depending upon where your from is it worth it to each his own i guess :shrug:

Idiesel

Reaction score
Well I'm in central Texas we don't have any kind of testing for diesels. I know several people that are running their dodges and Chevys deleted without issues so far (knock on wood) and as far warranty work I know tech that would let it slide if need bc he agrees the egr and post injection just kills the engines.
I agree about what the egr does to the intake. It is horrible looking I remember pulling an intake plate of a 6.7 cummins it looked like someone burnt a cake inside the there. So that makes me want to get rid of it but I also don't want to have any issues with the secondary coolant system by getting rid of the sensor. Is there another way to monitor it or now that the egr is gone there's nothing to worry about?

Sent from my iPhone

A.thoma

Reaction score
I wish I could help ya out there I'm sure someone will chime with a 6.7 good luck to ya either way!!

powerstroker67

Reaction score
All three of our 6.7 trucks are deleted, your welcome to contact me with questions. Here anything over 10,000gvwr doesn't get tested, but things may change. North of us in MA all diesels get a OBDII test yearly making you have a stock truck to get a sticker. The issues with the EGR system and with the moisture and corrosion caused by the UREA system are pros.

Idiesel

Reaction score
All three of our 6.7 trucks are deleted, your welcome to contact me with questions. Here anything over 10,000gvwr doesn't get tested, but things may change. North of us in MA all diesels get a OBDII test yearly making you have a stock truck to get a sticker. The issues with the EGR system and with the moisture and corrosion caused by the UREA system are pros.

Thanks ill probably be contacting you. But don't you mean the moisture and corrosion caused by urea system are cons?

Sent from my iPhone

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Part of me wants you to delete it, part of me doesn't. We don't have too much trouble with emissions stuff around here but you never know when they might start cracking down. They just sound so good deleted :D

Idiesel

Reaction score
Part of me wants you to delete it, part of me doesn't. We don't have too much trouble with emissions stuff around here but you never know when they might start cracking down. They just sound so good deleted :D

That is why I don't want to delete bc I don't want to be putting it back on. But that 5 inch exhaust is calling my name every time I open the shop door! Lol

Sent from my iPhone

Idiesel

Reaction score
It's not exhaust that worries me it's the egr that'll take alittle bit of time.

Sent from my iPhone

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Could you leave the coolers in place and just slide in the delete plates? Maybe then all you would have to do is make some brackets to keep the coolers from moving around, I haven't been under the hood of a 6.7 to know how the coolers are setup.

Idiesel

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone do that. I guess it's possible but I'd have to look at how the cooler bolts up alittle closer to know for sure. But the bad part is I already have my delete kit...

Sent from my iPhone

WHY NOT

Reaction score
You can just do block off plates. Its 4 bolts. It would probably take about 30-45 min to put it back to stock if you really take your time and pull the intake to get at it easier. If you do a full delete it really opens up the passenger side of the engine though

Idiesel

Reaction score
You can just do block off plates. Its 4 bolts. It would probably take about 30-45 min to put it back to stock if you really take your time and pull the intake to get at it easier. If you do a full delete it really opens up the passenger side of the engine though

Who sells the kit? How long would it take to reinstall the cooler if need be?

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Members online