Delete or not to delete?

Manytoys

Reaction score
The block off plates don't effect the cooler, they just replace the crossover pipe (not sure if that's the proper name) and disconnects the wiring on the egr system, rendering it inoperable. It's a simple job for sure. I have the plates on my truck and they are holding up fine so far (10,000 km). I'm not exactly sure what the benefits of a full delete would be other than extra space under the hood.

Idiesel

Reaction score
The block off plates don't effect the cooler, they just replace the crossover pipe (not sure if that's the proper name) and disconnects the wiring on the egr system, rendering it inoperable. It's a simple job for sure. I have the plates on my truck and they are holding up fine so far (10,000 km). I'm not exactly sure what the benefits of a full delete would be other than extra space under the hood.

Well I have the full delete kit so I might as well put it on but I will see when I get into it what I want to do. But I guess that would mean I would need a different plate So I'll probably just do it all instead of ordering another part

Sent from my iPhone

Idiesel

Reaction score
Okay guys I plan on deleting this weekend. I was looking at my sinister egr kit and it doesn't have the right threads for the factory probe. I have an H&S egt kit but I'm wonder should I wait and get a different plate to except the factory probe or just do it?
Also while I'm in it do y'all think I should throw a block heater in right away while the coolants drained? Just trying think about everything so I can do it all at once.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If you have the H&S egt kit then you should be able to use that instead of the plate that came with the sinister kit.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Well, what I did was have a local welding shop drill out and weld a bung onto the sinister blocker plate. The tread for the factory EGT sensor is pipe thread. Just bring them the blocker plate and a probe from the exhaust and explain how it has to fit in there but not go all the way though

Idiesel

Reaction score
It sure is

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Dang! I feel like I've been smoking something lol. I guess I figured the factory egt sensor would be something odd and need a special bung. Well I'm definitely glad to hear that! Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Members online