deleted 15 blown up

oxcobra

Reaction score
I spoke with mike from no limit and Mike from punch it a little this evening and both think there was an underlying issue with the truck. Maybe an overheating issue or something along those lines. Mike from punch it has been deleted since.may with the tunes I am running and there are many more with the same tunes and others deleted. I hope to get more info when the truck gets back to the shop and torn down and when I know more I will share with yall. For now I'm gonna keep enjoying my deleted 15.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Mechanical issues arise within the first 5-10 thousand miles. I would lean much farther towards a hard part mechanical failure first before I blamed tuning. Like 90/10.

Tuning. Hard to say. Is 540hp even safe on that engine in stock configuration? (Hard parts) It makes it sure...

truckmaniac

Reaction score
Just a quick observation:

Ford extended the plastic chin under the front bumper back in 2008 because of some overheating issues with the 6.4 engine. It aids in getting more air to the radiator. They continued with it on the 6.7's.

Could an overheating issue occur with a truck lifted 16", running at highway speeds (and towing), since the air flow into the radiator has drastically changed from the stock configuration?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
the taller lower valence was added for fuel mileage, not cooling. 2wd 6.4's still had the short valence

truckmaniac

Reaction score
the taller lower valence was added for fuel mileage, not cooling. 2wd 6.4's still had the short valence

You're 100% correct. My mistake.

Come to think of it, I remember back when I had several 2008 models that my Job2 truck got a lot better mileage than my Job 1 truck. I'm guessing that the upgraded valance improved my MPGs by .0000000011 %. :poke:

I still wonder about proper air flow to the radiator on a radically lifted truck, at highway speeds and towing.

phooker

Reaction score
Apparent it popped a code and the the tuner told them to clear the code and keep rolling as he had seen it before. Than about 30 miles later it dropped the pistons.

It's a bummer the truck isn't making it there. The late nights to get the group of trucks done was taxing for the crew.
The code it popped was an over boost code. Running an older tune with the diagnostics not stretched out far enough, has since been fixed. That happened at roughly 11pm. Saturday night. The contribution codes came about around 3-4 am Sunday morning.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I hear it's cheaper to build a motor than buy one from the dealer....but no tear down that I know of.

I think one better look at the price of a long block from sunrise ford. They are surprisingly not "bad" still expensive tho.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Cant a decent shop build a bottom end cheaper and better than going through the oem? Its that way with most things.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well. If one was to buy all new parts again... depends on what one wants to reuse. Too many variables to say whether a long block is cheaper from FORD or just buy what you need. In a case with a hole in the block. Idunno. Just have to price it all out from ford. One way or another it gets close to cost from ford with labor rebuilding the old.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Go to fordparts.com and price it out either buy the piece or long block or short block. Use sunrise ford from fontana California as the pricing dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.