Deranged rebuild, the next chapter

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
here ya go Matt, Made the end out of a sterling 10.5 and use the parking brake to keep it from moving when I dont want it to. Works great. Im planning on making another one with the other end of the axle at some point.

0_245970132109630_119029928136985_696880_3184202_n.jpg

696f224e.jpg

8cc0345c.jpg

imelmo

Reaction score
me and Doug have been going back and forth. There is something wrong somewhere, just taking 100s of measurements trying to find it LOL

Oh crap! Well he'll definitely help you find out what it is along with a bunch of stuff you didn't want to find out about. LOL

Snake

Reaction score
me and Doug have been going back and forth. There is something wrong somewhere, just taking 100s of measurements trying to find it LOL

Sounds like you're talking to the right guy. I always chuckle when people talk chit about him, but invariably the folks who need the right answers are smart enough to call him and ask what he thinks.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Oh crap! Well he'll definitely help you find out what it is along with a bunch of stuff you didn't want to find out about. LOL

I Just ignore the parts I dont like :lookaround: lol

found out the oil filter that is on it now is for a 90s Jaguar and flows 12 gal per min...... its gone

Last edited by a moderator:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Did the oil filter that was on it have the paper element or was a steel screen type filter? I've heard a lot of good about the steel screen filters in applications that require high flow.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Did the oil filter that was on it have the paper element or was a steel screen type filter? I've heard a lot of good about the steel screen filters in applications that require high flow.

dont know, dont really care. The next filter that goes on it will flow 30+ gal/min thats for sure.

Extended Power

Reaction score
The picture of the main bearing almost looks like a side load issue. (bent)

What do the stock oil filters flow?
Is there anything else that will work on that remote oil filter set-up?

Dalpilot

Reaction score
Matt the oil filter system to put on it is the one from the econoline van. Had I done that before I believe a lot of problems would have been avoided. The filter that was on it was a 22 micron filter. Minimum Ford recomends is a 20. Before you guys start throwing darts find a remote oil system that flows what is needed for that engine with the proper microns etc..... If it had starved oil from the filter it would have spun the 8 and 7 bearings. Why number 4 is a mystery.

The guy that built it built motors for john force, Cruz Pedregon, Jim Head, and several other teams. He knows his stuff. Everyone makes mistakes, but when you work at that level I would say your talent is beyond thaose mistakes. Also that motor had 2 years on it before the bearing failure and the bearing failed after taking it off a trailer from driving it on the street under 2500 rpms for about 30 minutes and making a trip from Austin to slidell LA.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Stock is no longer in Matts vocabulary.

I figured as much. If he were to go with the E-series remote oil filter setup, he could get one for that application. I was just kinda thinking out loud there. I have no doubt you guys know what will work best.

These filters flow better than just about anything else out there while retaining good filtering capabilities.

Latest posts

Members online