Diesel Power Challenge, 6.7 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgon08

Reaction score
I really can't wait To see how this truck dose. Should be interesting I'm sure.

01PSD

Reaction score
they were having major problems with the bluetruck at II's dyno yesterday, replaced a couple injectors in the parking lot and it still wouldnt run right. they were getting ready to swap a few injection related parts as the day was ending tho

then seen a picture at about 9:30pm that night with the truck strapped onto the indoor dyno at II, so not real sure if they got it 100% figured out.
they broke every truck that came to dyno tho.

back on subject, truck looks sweet!
wish i could talk my dad into doing all this to out 6.7!

LOL rushing into the DPC FTL

JDub

Reaction score
Doesnt look like Custom Auto will be making the dpc. Said after finally getting the truck running late last night they Started tuning on the dyno and blew up the cp3. and course its the one down in the valley.

Said they are trying to get it repaired in time, but its not looking good.

Sent from my XT907

Last edited:

01PSD

Reaction score
Doesnt look like Custom Auto will be making the dpc. Said after finally getting the truck running late last night they Started tuning on the dyno and blew up the cp3. and course its the one down in the valley.

Said they are trying to get it repaired in time, but its not looking good.

Sent from my XT907

That sucks! :doh:

01PSD

Reaction score
That's evidence right there of why you should try to have these builds up and running and proven weeks prior to the challenge

powerstroked08

Reaction score
:whs: I think it would be nice to do the voting and let the guys know that their in a few months sooner so there isn't such a short window to improve/build the trucks. I know people like carnage but thats a lot to ask of a truck and person to put it all on the line. But i think they dont plan on everyone building a new setup before the challenge either.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
That's evidence right there of why you should try to have these builds up and running and proven weeks prior to the challenge

How many of the Fords have been done for a few weeks already? Tuned and completely ready to go?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

01PSD

Reaction score
How many of the Fords have been done for a few weeks already? Tuned and completely ready to go?

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

I didn't say they were, but I'm saying everyone should make it their goal.

01PSD

Reaction score
Yep :/ I agree that DPM should do the voting earlier and let the competitors know much further ahead of time

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think that's what makes dpc fun and exciting... You're supposed to have a proven setup. I don't think it was ever originally designed with the idea that if you're chosen you start your build.

01PSD

Reaction score
Unfortunately it usually doesn't work out that way LOL Maybe next year if Shane enters or some other guys like Derik from Vision Diesel we will have a more proven field. Heafner has been running the same setup for half a year, just had to build the engine up a little.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I would be nervous as hell if i didnt have my truck running and tuned for at least 4-5 months before i were to push it that hard. But im not in it so it doesnt matter!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Cant wait to see the results. Good luck Matt and SPE.
What will be the best way to watch or hear about the events? I guess I may have to break down and buy a subscription to DPM

Wayne

Reaction score
There should be a thread started by tomorrow night, if not sooner, dedicated specifically to the event. Keep your eye open for it. That will probably be your fastest source of info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online