Dual Fuelers

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have followed more threads than I can count about dual fuelers. I am well aware of the pros and occassionally get to hear about the cons of dual fuelers. I was hoping that you guys running dual fuelers on preferably DD or work trucks would give your experiences with them....streetability, any RP issues, surging, failing pumps, harmonics, lines failing, etc.

Diesel23

Reaction score
Hey brett , hope all is well with the family , , I did get a chance to run my set up and put miles on but with my leak (boost side) ,had high egts so didn't really get to into it much ,only issue and its just at wot is throwing a code to replace the harness on the hpfp ? And was just certain times ,it does not cause any drop in rail pressure , I do like and am happy with the Diesel doctor kit , I would consider Midwest's kit over the others out there, good luck with your decision!! I see you have the itch for more fuel lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i can say with my elite fuelers, they worked awesome, but until wayne messed with my lines, it sounded like a hovering helicopter. crazy harmonics sound. other than that , they worked well. from what ive seen, midwest kit is very simple and very efficient with no issues i have heard of .

jdgleason

Reaction score
I've got Elites dual pumps, and aside from more power, I would have no idea they were there. Mine don't make noise, surge or anything.

White_monster

Reaction score
I've had Elites kit since it was created. Put about 60k miles on it and I've had the line vibration issue, just need to tweak the lines as each truck is a little different it seems. Elite has since addressed the issue of the pump mounts cracking, seemed to be very few failures though. I've had zero surge issues and like Jd said no driveability issues. I've got Midwest's kit as well and it's great to. Each kit offered fits a little different so for custom turbo kits certain kits work better than others.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Hey brett , hope all is well with the family , , I did get a chance to run my set up and put miles on but with my leak (boost side) ,had high egts so didn't really get to into it much ,only issue and its just at wot is throwing a code to replace the harness on the hpfp ? And was just certain times ,it does not cause any drop in rail pressure , I do like and am happy with the Diesel doctor kit , I would consider Midwest's kit over the others out there, good luck with your decision!! I see you have the itch for more fuel lol

Frank, all is well in good ole WV and the family is doing well. I did really good at resisting the temptation for more for a long time, but yeah, I am wanting a little more now. Thanks for the update and hope you get to enjoy your truck a little more after the year long hiatus.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Thanks everyone who chimed in. This is exactly what I was looking for.

For all you other guys with duals who DD trucks, I would love to hear about your experiences.

78f100

Reaction score
I dd mine, never had a issue once I got it setup right. I messed up one belt as I didn't have the pulley lined up perfect when I first installed it. Mine is a dd kit.

buck russell

Reaction score
I did countless hours of research when it came to choosing a dual fueler. First I started at the RCD kit because they make some killer products. I spoke to a few people about it and it boiled down to the fact that a CP3 pump is harder to tune than a K16.

That narrowed down my selection to the midwest kit, diesel dr and elite. My buddy has the elite on his truck and it's been great for him. He's not had any issues at all. However, I chose the midwest kit for several reasons:

1. Install is very simple

2. The brackets/hardware are refined (the diesel doctor isn't all that pretty looking)

3. Customer service - Morgan has gone above and beyond anything I could ever ask. He's provided me with all the information as well as the install guide so I could get a feel for the install.

4. Price - the price of the midwest kit is right where I wanted to be with regards to my budget.

Hope that helps!

sootie

Reaction score
price aside, i would by the Midwest dual fueler kit because of the way Morgan does business. Period.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I did countless hours of research when it came to choosing a dual fueler. First I started at the RCD kit because they make some killer products. I spoke to a few people about it and it boiled down to the fact that a CP3 pump is harder to tune than a K16.

That narrowed down my selection to the midwest kit, diesel dr and elite. My buddy has the elite on his truck and it's been great for him. He's not had any issues at all. However, I chose the midwest kit for several reasons:

1. Install is very simple

2. The brackets/hardware are refined (the diesel doctor isn't all that pretty looking)

3. Customer service - Morgan has gone above and beyond anything I could ever ask. He's provided me with all the information as well as the install guide so I could get a feel for the install.

4. Price - the price of the midwest kit is right where I wanted to be with regards to my budget.

Hope that helps!

I appreciate the input. I have done quite a bit of research too and have come to many of the same conclusions as you. For me, it has always been Elite or Midwestern but that isn't why I started this thread. I always planned to stay stock on fuel, but when the opportunity came knocking (I am pretty sure my HPFP is getting weak), I hate to pass up the opportunity to upgrade since something is failing on me. It does p#ss me off that I have changed my fuel filters religiously every 5 to 7k miles (depending on the type of driving I had been doing) and my K16 started acting up at 46k miles and is getting worse.
:fustrate:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I have an elite kit, small issues with lines a fittings over the last couple years, both my fault but nice kit for sure

morgan is the man, his customer service is good as it gets and his kit is simple and effective.

Crack85

Reaction score
I have an elite kit, small issues with lines a fittings over the last couple years, both my fault but nice kit for sure

morgan is the man, his customer service is good as it gets and his kit is simple and effective.

What type of issues did you have with the lines?

powerstroked08

Reaction score

As they say and I think it holds true. Simplicity is reliability. And morgan is definately a top notch guy. If and thats a big IF I ever do dual fuelers I will go with morgan's setup without a doubt!

webb06

Reaction score
I've got the DD kit. Good guys to deal with when I bought it. Installing the bracket is a little tricky with the bottom bolts. The bolts they supplied to bolt the 2 bracket halves together stripped on the second time I installed the kit. I used grade 8 bolts this time. That's the only problem I've had which isn't much of a problem.

Latest posts

Members online