Dual Fuelers

buck russell

Reaction score
Matt was very fortunate with what happened and the fact that he was only 2 miles from home. Listen, I'm not here to start war with anyone. I truly commend you and Elite for working your butts off to get Matt the replacement parts in time for the dyno day. There isn't a single complaint on my end about the service or treatment that he received. I would feel confident running an Elite kit on my truck, but Morgan earned my business from day one.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Must have mistaken your post as taking a stab at me lol my bad.

Not starting a war either, like I said it was just an aspect I hadn't previously thought of.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Must have mistaken your post as taking a stab at me lol my bad.

Not starting a war either, like I said it was just an aspect I hadn't previously thought of.

I took it the same way you did. Not sure if it was the choice of words he used or what. Regardless, sounds like we can all agree that each vendor has a nice kit. It may just come down to what works for your build, your budget, and how good the customer service is known to be.

buck russell

Reaction score
I took it the same way you did. Not sure if it was the choice of words he used or what. Regardless, sounds like we can all agree that each vendor has a nice kit. It may just come down to what works for your build, your budget, and how good the customer service is known to be.

Sometimes my snarky nature and sarcastic attitude gets mistaken as being a jerk. Honestly, with some of the threads I've read about the Elite kit, I had my hesitations when it came to getting replacement parts for Matt's truck in time for the dyno day. However, I was wrong and was extremely impressed with how professional Elite was and how quickly the parts turned up.

When shopping for parts, we always end up at the intersection of price, quality and service. Unfortunately, it's no longer a decision that is solely based on service, it's really dependent on price now more than ever. As previously mentioned, it comes down to budgeting, service and personal opinion. It's safe to say that each kit has it's pros/cons.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The only thing that really discourages me about this, is that people still continue to think that the cp3 kits are such a pain when they really arent. Even people who run them uncontrolled dont have any issues, because the volume control valve does its job on the k16 to control any pressure spikes that may arise. Ask Matt, his daily driver has been running unregulated for 3 years.. Not saying that its the most ideal situation, just that its feasible.

Also, Eric and Josh both tune the system with no issues. Not really sure what the big reservation that you cant get them tuned is, plenty on the market. That's my only dog in this fight. I also sell Morgan and Tadd's dual pump kits, so no complaints on how either of them perform in real world situations.

Jared

mike@haller's

Reaction score
The only thing that really discourages me about this, is that people still continue to think that the cp3 kits are such a pain when they really arent. Even people who run them uncontrolled dont have any issues, because the volume control valve does its job on the k16 to control any pressure spikes that may arise. Ask Matt, his daily driver has been running unregulated for 3 years.. Not saying that its the most ideal situation, just that its feasible.

Also, Eric and Josh both tune the system with no issues. Not really sure what the big reservation that you cant get them tuned is, plenty on the market. That's my only dog in this fight. I also sell Morgan and Tadd's dual pump kits, so no complaints on how either of them perform in real world situations.

Jared

I agree. I am running a cp3 on my drag truck with dustins old empire kit. Before I got it tuned it ran fine on the street and the dyno with no wiring to it at all. I tuned mine using mcc and so far haven't had any issues getting it to work correctly or smoothly. All the options for dual fuelers right now are really nice. I think it more comes down to who has one available and the price your willing to pay.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I agree. I am running a cp3 on my drag truck with dustins old empire kit. Before I got it tuned it ran fine on the street and the dyno with no wiring to it at all. I tuned mine using mcc and so far haven't had any issues getting it to work correctly or smoothly. All the options for dual fuelers right now are really nice. I think it more comes down to who has one available and the price your willing to pay.

Thank you Mike. The problem is people who havent personally used something are more willing to discourage use of an item than to support it, it seems to me at least..

kdogg85

Reaction score
My wife's truck has a second hand elite kit. Works fine and wasn't really difficult to install. Keeps the sticks happy.

Reaction score
Thank you Mike. The problem is people who havent personally used something are more willing to discourage use of an item than to support it, it seems to me at least..

Wasn't the case for me. I just wanted k-16. Not because of any other reason than that's what I wanted. The cp3 setup works well and is reliable. I wanted the k-16 for simplicity.

B585Ford

Reaction score
To answer the op's question. I cannot give feedback for it may be biased :shrug: But I can say that our test truck has thousands of miles and many months on it with no issues.....

Thanks. I appreciate the honesty.

Reaction score
I see this escalated quickly :swordfight:

Jared has owed me dinner for years ! lol good luck :gethim: JK bud :D

We all have our reasons for doing what we do lol but

The way I look at it if someone wants one they want one.... if not then its OK world is not gonna stop in my opinion. Had a theory in my head and went with it lol as far as it working well......judging by my truck trapping in the 117mph zone I would say its ok in my book :D

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This thread is crazy to me because i was doing everything i could almost 4 years ago to just get dual fuelers let alone have 6 solid choices out there. Honestly right now the dual fueler market is flooded with options, which is good because like stated if you have different ideas for turbos, alternator, dual alternators ect ect ect you have pretty much every option you could need. 3 years ago i would have killed for just about anyone of these kits. And they all have good points
RCD has the best line set up out there IMHO, its the simplest, least amount of chance for leakage vibration ect, kinda want to adapt it to my kit lol.
Elites kit is tried and true, probably the most kits out there by volume than anyother, nice pulleys, nice kit, a tad overkill but everything is top notch.
Midwest is probably the simpliest, most effective, do your job and maintain fuel kit.. cheap too
Diesel Dr. is another price effective option, dont know much about the kit, only thing im not a fan of is the line routing but its easy to access.

B585Ford

Reaction score

If you were running no wiring to the CP3, wouldn't it be full fuel? How did you keep it tame at idle and low RPM/low throttle with no wires?

mike@haller's

Reaction score
If you were running no wiring to the CP3, wouldn't it be full fuel? How did you keep it tame at idle and low RPM/low throttle with no wires?

Like jared was saying. The Ford pump basically regulated the pressure. The pressure was erratic and jumped around, but when the cp3 pressure came up essentially the ford pump would back down to regulate pressure to desired.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Like jared was saying. The Ford pump basically regulated the pressure. The pressure was erratic and jumped around, but when the cp3 pressure came up essentially the ford pump would back down to regulate pressure to desired.

I get the concept of RCDs kit, I just figured that even if you had LB7 or LLY CP3 and 100% nozzles, there would be way too much fuel being pumped by the CP3 alone to keep the RP at a desired level.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I get the concept of RCDs kit, I just figured that even if you had LB7 or LLY CP3 and 100% nozzles, there would be way too much fuel being pumped by the CP3 alone to keep the RP at a desired level.

Something some people don't realize about the factory k16 is how efficient it is at self regulated the system, and keeping volume balanced between both sides. Even if the cp3 goes full tilt, the k16 will balance and bleed off excess fuel to prevent an excess rail pressure situation. Now if your factory pump were to be defective and having PCV/VCV issues, yes, you could run into issues. 99% of the vehicles we install these on gets a new k16 because I preach preventative maintenance to my customers, and that it's a lot cheaper to do right the first time

Jared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.