Duel fuel, 30s, and 72

2good2Btru

Reaction score
Very nice. Awesome 60' also. Whats your suspension setup? Lowest I got out of my truck on nitto 420s, traction bars and ALAs was a 1.71
I probably needed more practice

jtpappy

Reaction score
Yes just fuel. 30% tips and a duel duel fueler with a 2.2pw loaded.
My eighth mile was a 7.49 so bye bye 7.70 index lol.
The suspension is stock with some caltracs and 420s air down to 36 psi.
I was cutting 1.7-1.7 60' but i wasn't launching hard... i bumped it up too 2200 rpms and gained a .40 of a second iirc.

stroker221

Reaction score
Damn nice times. Yours is the first 4 door I've seen dig into the 11's with no bigger than a 72. Very nice
. Wonder what a reg cab could do with that exact set-up?! Might as well swap the 72 for a 76 and not bother with the 75..

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I wouldn't run any more than 10 psi to the HPFP's, any more than that and the seals will typically leak on them. More pressure doesn't always mean more flow.

Reaction score
Damn nice times. Yours is the first 4 door I've seen dig into the 11's with no bigger than a 72. Very nice

. Wonder what a reg cab could do with that exact set-up?! Might as well swap the 72 for a 76 and not bother with the 75..

Just curious in you logic with not bothering with the 75? Do you think the 76 is bigger?

stroker221

Reaction score
Soo deciding to go with larger turbine vs. Larger compressor wheel..which to go with hmmmm.. And not favoring elite or rcd more than the other which would and of you go with? I know alot of people like each one so I'm not sure. Power would be the same for either one

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
You'll be losing power to high bp with the 76.. Good chance it will negate any gains made from the 1mm difference in compressor size

Maybe stock fuel would see gains.. Idk

Reaction score
The 76 has a larger inducer on the compressor. But the compressor exducer on the 76 is smaller than the 75... More than a mm too. Just posting what I know. I can't say which is better because no one has dynoed back to back with a swap of the two atmo's.

B585Ford

Reaction score
You'll be losing power to high bp with the 76.. Good chance it will negate any gains made from the 1mm difference in compressor size

Maybe stock fuel would see gains.. Idk

Nobody has back to back numbers so nobody knows for sure. There is logic to why each might have an advantage. I doubt we will ever see any back to back numbers but if that does ever happen, I will be studying the specs on each very closely for my own knewledge on turbos.

jtpappy

Reaction score
What if I drop in a s476 billet with a machined exhaust housing to connect to the high-pressure turbo... Very very cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
What if I drop in a s476 billet with a machined exhaust housing to connect to the high-pressure turbo... Very very cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your back pressure will be insane because the stock high pressure cannot handle the flow a 400 frame charger can produce