Elite Diesel Engineering - Turbo Kit Order - Only the Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
you can tell who has and hasn't been in the diesel scene for long...

unfortunately, because this is such a relatively small niche industry, this stuff happens all the time... has been happening since day one in the diesel game

It's frustrating for everybody involved. I assure you that Elite doesn't want stuff to go down like this AT ALL... I won't armchair QB their business... plenty are already doing that.

But I will say if you've got a truck that you use for business, waiting even a week for custom parts is a bad idea IMO.

take your $1300 medicine from Ford, get a brand new OEM unit, and get the truck back on the road making money ASAP and then worry about custom parts...

I'm sure you don't want to hear that (or need to at this point), but I'd say it's still your best option at this point

Wayne

Reaction score
I believe the OP already gave up, and did just that; fixed the truck with a new factory turbo. Order is cancelled, and credit card charges disputed if I'm not mistaken. The problem, which causes so much frustration (at least outside looking in) is when you hear "only a couple more days, and it will ship". Then a guy is willing to wait a couple more days to do it the way he intended. You can only hear that so many times before you have to pull the plug.:flush:

skobiak

Reaction score
This industry is weird like that. I once waited 6 months for a cac pipe and egr delete. Then i ordered a downpipe and got it in 4 days. Totally agree with drunk on diesel tho, you shouldn't really be ordering custom parts if your truck is broken and you need it running quickly.

Dan

Reaction score
oh boy!!!

elite is second to none, im sure we all can agree on that...

good things take time...

sorry to see this thread

Dan

Reaction score
Investing in a turbo kit is all good.
You guys are all forgetting there is most likely a company out there casting a turbine housing that is a direct drop in product.
The housing will make s300 replacement a very affordable option.
Plus good techs and fabricators are hard to find so you just can't hire people magically.

Building turbo kits is just not that easy to do.

there is????

oh boy!!! im sure customers are anxiously awaiting this! ;)

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

Plus good techs and fabricators are hard to find so you just can't hire people magically.

wow. great post!

Wayne

Reaction score

Captain+Obvious+STRIKES+AGAIN+_a1dcf29d477f86245fda85ecafb04dda.jpg

Strikes again!

Last edited:

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Just browsing through but I'm curious....

Elite has plenty of business, plenty of faithful clients.
Why not just be up front? Judging from the amount of times we see this problem, why give a ETA of delivery? Not bashing but wouldn't just telling the customers.....

"Hey, it's crazy here and we have ?????? Orders and only ?? People to complete the orders. Demand is high and supply is short, meaning we will get it as quick as we can but much slower than you will expect it."

There's been vendors in the past that had serious business and family issues to deal with, they were upfront and people waited....or they didn't. Either way the customer wasn't unhappy with the service just circumstance. JMO

awaiting some deep satire from captain PSD LOL

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Even when you duplicate another company's exact design lol

Yes they all resemble the original I made, but everyone has put there own touch and features on it. But that 177283 and 177284 turbo seems to be consistent.

there is????

oh boy!!! im sure customers are anxiously awaiting this! ;)

Leave it to Dan to read between the lines!

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Anyone else get the idea that strokersmoker may be hitting the reef?

01PSD

Reaction score
Yes they all resemble the original I made, but everyone has put there own touch and features on it. But that 177283 and 177284 turbo seems to be consistent.

Leave it to Dan to read between the lines!

The original you made was a huge steaming pile of elephant $hit.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
The original you made was a huge steaming pile of elephant $hit.

Lol I don't think we should muck up the thread with this again. Just let the mods handle this guy....

I think we all agree that Elite and the crew will deliver nothing shy of excellence on the products. That goes for performance and quality both. Some of us think that maybe some changes on the amount of work they accept at once due to their limited size. But we can all agree that it is not our business and we can only make suggestions. I don't think anyone here would want to see Elite out of the diesel performance world

bricewise

Reaction score
Wonder how long side burns and his mate have been waiting to start talking again on here.

I for one would wait a decade for Elites or MPD before I send anything besides a pile of **** to you guys

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, have all the people talking about the top shelf quality of products from elite actually done business with them and ran their parts on their vehicles?

I just get sick of people talkin out of their butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.