FICM Shootout - Tuned, 48V, and 58V

MorganY

Reaction score
the KEM ficm flash was one of my favorite mods, and i have ran all 3 different ficms available.
the power is just awesome, if a graph doesnt show it, drive a truck with one, it sold me instantly.

mike was also a great guy to deal with, plenty of time for you no matter how many questions you have.

ditto that! Let the ficms roll into your shop mike:rockon:

SILVERSTROKER250

Reaction score
so i have the moderate flash from innovative diesel which i got about 1 1/2 years ago is this a tune or is there no comparison with the kem ficm? im just trying to understand is it a flash you get and a actually tune they put on separate or is it all one thing?

KEM Performance

Reaction score
so i have the moderate flash from innovative diesel which i got about 1 1/2 years ago is this a tune or is there no comparison with the kem ficm? im just trying to understand is it a flash you get and a actually tune they put on separate or is it all one thing?

When you send us the FICM for a flash, we make a custom file for you truck with stock or larger injectors. You will see power, driveability, and fuel economy improvements.

Mike

Extended Power

Reaction score
you should do this test on an 06 now lol

I was told that you can do alot more to the newer FICM's then the '03-'04 models.

Wonder if there is a chance that by tuning the ECM, and the FICM, that it may be possible to "overdo it"?

eg. running a race tune with a race ficm = too much timing/other issues??:shrug:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I was told that you can do alot more to the newer FICM's then the '03-'04 models.

Wonder if there is a chance that by tuning the ECM, and the FICM, that it may be possible to "overdo it"?

eg. running a race tune with a race ficm = too much timing/other issues??:shrug:

Ding ding ding

I'm with Ivan on this one

motoxracer42

Reaction score

that would be why im running a stock ficm. race ficm is sitting around lol.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I would like to see the difference in the ficm tunes with my files as I do my best to program around the limits of the ficm, but there are there are still gains to be had with a tuned ficm with my tunes that i've witnessed.

Last edited:

Karls03

Reaction score
When you send us the FICM for a flash, we make a custom file for you truck with stock or larger injectors. You will see power, driveability, and fuel economy improvements.

Mike

Forgive me if I sound skeptical, but after droppoing $300 on a PHP Moderate FICM tune, then $80 on an 'Econo Tune' and seeing nothing in the way of mpg that was promised, I tend to doubt ANY mpg claims from anyone. Yes, the throttle response improved, but the mpg is the same old 13-ish it was stock FICM/SRL tune. I have been easier on the throttle with the 80hp Econo Tune, too.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I would like to see the difference in the ficm tunes with my files as I do my best to program around the limits of the ficm, but there are there are still gains to be had with a tuned ficm with my tunes that i've witnessed.

I tried to work with Mike to get a file, but he never got back to me after I talked to you about what direction to go. When I get more free time I'll give him another call.

bboteler

Reaction score
Karls03 what is your strategy? And what's your driving style? WV mountains are drastically different than GA flats. Just $.02

oconnors17

Reaction score
So what kind of gain are guy seeing on strictly race or sled pulling trucks?

How would this help with a twin set up?

Members online

No members online now.