Finishing Steve's Abandoned Project

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Glad to see this truck getting some action. I was wandering where it ended up. Seems like you've got a pretty good handle on it!

FWIW.. Powdercoat works great on the East Coast. We have a couple pieces of equipment that isn't new, and they still look great, and the wheels on my 450 held up great, never any issues. I'm only 225 miles from the coast, maybe that's not close enough?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Sweet! I only have 3.5 years of living in New York and PA to go off of. No powder coat ever lasted for us. Salt destroyed that stuff at the very hint of a nick or scratch. Absolutely the worst environment for metal, ever. Brand new trucks/cars turn to Swiss cheese like nothing. And once it starts.... It never stops.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Glad to see this truck getting some action. I was wandering where it ended up. Seems like you've got a pretty good handle on it!

FWIW.. Powdercoat works great on the East Coast. We have a couple pieces of equipment that isn't new, and they still look great, and the wheels on my 450 held up great, never any issues. I'm only 225 miles from the coast, maybe that's not close enough?

Yeah this is what I was basing my statement off of too. Guess the Philly area isn't close enough to the coast for Powdercoating to not hold up. Also all the coated parts on my snowmobile have held up great for years and it sees plenty of time on an open trailer getting blasted with road grime and salt... Take it for what it is but I see a quality Powdercoated frame as the best you can get, which can be had for $3-500 in this area....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Road salt.... Not sea salt lol. Coastal waters affect all sides of the country.

I lived in Bensalem. Suburb of Philly. Saw that stuff eat vehicles up like nobodies business. Snow usually isn't as equally aggressive as salt in deterioration. Plus aluminum doesn't react the same as steel. I've had snowmobiles all my life, never had one eat itself alive like I saw trucks in New York do. Regardless, this thread isn't about geographical environments lol.

Back on track. My bad Tyler

Last edited:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
JD and I talked about regearing and going to a tru-trac. I imagine the ass end will be light and one tire fire may be all to common lol

That's one of the reasons for the 20 gal fuel cell where the spare tire was. Going to see how it works, but it'll probably need the try-trac.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Glad to see this thing getting some attention. I remember seeing it sitting in the DI parking lot all sad and homo looking. Would love to have a little single cab 2wd to play with, maybe some day.