• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

FOR SALE: 2008 F250 6.4 RCSB Shorty - Project: "Second Strike"

BilletGarage

Reaction score
It pains me to have to do this, but life changes over the past several months prompt the sale. :(

Here is a link to the build thread which will answer lots of questions up to this point: http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53470

- 2008 F250 XL 6.4 Regular Cab Short Bed
- Shortened by Mackey’s Hot Rods – Huntington Beach, CA
- 30.5 Gallon Short Bed Fuel Tank from 2008 CCSB and modified sending unit
- DJM 3/5 Lowering Kit w/two leaf springs pulled. Calmax Shocks all around.
- Street Scene Roll Pan (primer white). Will come with a new Grant Kustoms steel pan in box.
- 20X8” and Custom 20X9.5” Factory 8 Spoke Wheels
- 275/55/20 and 305/50/20 Toyo Proxes (Less than 500 miles on them)
- No Limit Cold Air Intake
- Straight Piped Exhaust
- Tuned by Eric @ ID (Street Tune). Playing it safe on stock head bolts (475-500whp). Being so light, it is a blast to drive! Will break tires loose from a 25mph roll and pin the speedo real quick. :)
- Newer batteries, newer ball joints
- Truck has tilt wheel, cruise control, manual locks/windows, MP3/CD Stereo, cold A/C, tinted windows.
- Interior is in pretty good shape but by no means perfect.
- The truck runs and drives good (184,000 miles). I would have the confidence to drive it just about anywhere right now. No odd noises or behavior. Transmission shifts firm and positive. Could be daily driven as-is, no problem.
- Body is straight with only minor dings and scratches. I assume whoever buys it will eventually paint it, as I was planning to. There should be very little body prep needed.

The bad:

- Thermostats failed open so truck doesn't reach operating temp on shorter drives. Will throw a CEL when I’ve taken a few short trips and the code indicates engine isn’t reaching operating temp. CEL will go out once I take a long drive. Just haven’t had time to swap them. Easy fix.
- Previous owner hit something and put a small crack in the oil pan just aft of the drain plug. Leak is minor but want to be upfront. It looks like they tried to JB Weld it but it still seeps. Never have needed to add oil between changes if that gives you any idea on severity of the leak. Nothing that needs to be done right away but should be if the motor comes out for a build or if your more anal than I am about things like that.
- Previous owner hit something near passenger side tow hook. Looks to be just the outer bumper. Brackets all seem good. New bumpers run a few hundred bucks.

Any questions, please PM me. Factory Intake and Exhaust will come with truck.

Asking: $16,500 – I have much more than that invested. Clean CA Title in hand. Can assist in delivery or shipping of the truck.

This is how it sits now. Forgive me, it is filthy:

20150801_125710_zpsze8eei54.png

20150801_125749_zpspqjnbrw4.png

20150801_125816_zpsexj0xw1e.png

84ec7fa6-4651-491d-8df0-2875721794ba_zpsvji7hikx.png

20150801_125959_zpspuklhqll.png

20150801_125932_zpsth3dzm8v.png

20150801_130040_zpsxcwk3mby.png

20150801_130100_zpsy5jc05do.png

20150801_125839_zpspuwlflsb.png

RSK

Reaction score
wow, this is a huge shock, hopefully after you sell it and things start to look up you can get another truck and redo this project on another truck.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I want this so bad, I can't stand it... I've been wanting this exact truck to put all of my oxford white harley and my platinum gate on and turn my 4wd truck into a service truck.

but... life changes in my own life unfortunately dictate that I probably just can't make it happen :( :( :(

BilletGarage

Reaction score
wow, this is a huge shock, hopefully after you sell it and things start to look up you can get another truck and redo this project on another truck.

Yeah, I know. It sucks. Just got hit with a lot of life changes and this project doesn't have a place now or in the foreseeable future. And I don't want to store it somewhere just to watch it deteriorate. Someone should finish it and enjoy it.

I want this so bad, I can't stand it... I've been wanting this exact truck to put all of my oxford white harley and my platinum gate on and turn my 4wd truck into a service truck.

but... life changes in my own life unfortunately dictate that I probably just can't make it happen :( :( :(

I hear ya.

I know Mike. I had a clear plan, but life throws ya curve balls. No more time, space, or money to invest in it at the moment.

RSK

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. It sucks. Just got hit with a lot of life changes and this project doesn't have a place now or in the foreseeable future. And I don't want to store it somewhere just to watch it deteriorate. Someone should finish it and enjoy it.

I hear ya.

I know Mike. I had a clear plan, but life throws ya curve balls. No more time, space, or money to invest in it at the moment.

I know how that goes, my 63 nova is leaving today and hopefully the gm 6.0ls goes with it or goes shortly after, i realized i have no where to do this swap or even store the car besidea outside and i think it deserves better so, its gone plus i have no time to do this, so i'm just buying a 98-02 camaro z28 or ss or something with an ls motor already in it so i just have to turbo it and a few other things. Good luck!

BilletGarage

Reaction score
I know how that goes, my 63 nova is leaving today and hopefully the gm 6.0ls goes with it or goes shortly after, i realized i have no where to do this swap or even store the car besidea outside and i think it deserves better so, its gone plus i have no time to do this, so i'm just buying a 98-02 camaro z28 or ss or something with an ls motor already in it so i just have to turbo it and a few other things. Good luck!
Sounds like a good plan. Gotta be realistic. That's where I am.

JMart

Reaction score
Its ok to let it go. Everyone I know, including myself has sold their shorty within 2 years anyway. Some before they are even finished LOL.

They are great fun for a toy though.

Good luck with the sell.

BilletGarage

Reaction score
Its ok to let it go. Everyone I know, including myself has sold their shorty within 2 years anyway. Some before they are even finished LOL.

They are great fun for a toy though.

Good luck with the sell.
They are alot of fun. But are they ever really finished? It has been a blast to drive as-is. I wouldn't be selling it if I didn't have to. It's almost too fun. LOL

JMart

Reaction score
They are alot of fun. But are they ever really finished? It has been a blast to drive as-is. I wouldn't be selling it if I didn't have to. It's almost too fun. LOL

Maybe I should have said running instead of finished. LOL No project is ever finished. It seems money runs out or sh!t comes up every time.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Sorry you have to sell! This is a great project. If you are interested in selling just the wheels and tires let me know price with shipping to 75078.

Would you mind sharing what you paid to have the rear wheels widened at Wheels America?