Fuel tank leaking

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
Well drop the tank and ran the vent hose to higher than the auxiliary tank so we will see what that does .. And while I was down there I went ahead and took the ugly def tank out .. Think I might have gain 40hp hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread... but the vent you raised was off the factory fuel tank? I'm running into the same problem as you're having. Would rather not do a solenoid valve if I don't have too. If simply running the vent higher works, I will do that.

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread... but the vent you raised was off the factory fuel tank? I'm running into the same problem as you're having. Would rather not do a solenoid valve if I don't have too. If simply running the vent higher works, I will do that.

Yes the vent was off the top of the tank .. I drop the tank to access it .. But it fixed my problem ..I don't have any more fuel leaking issue..Another cheap option is the flow ball that when you need fuel it dreads it and when the oem tank is full it will stop flow .. I don't know much after this as I have never seen one but other ppl have used it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallMeColt

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I have the RDS kit, so it should have that flow ball built into the part that goes in the factory fill line.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Just don't leave the valve open.
Its the vent on top of the truck tank. My 6.4 did this also. The 6.7 I have not left it open o pop the vent valve yet but I don't leave the valve open, more so in the summer.

Latest posts

Members online