Gearhead tunes

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Do you have traction bars? from what I hear, after the basics this is the best possible thing to do, and it's next on my list

yup sure do

with my built tranny i have the shift pressure on -15% and it shifts clean and crisp. i was having the same problem

Thanks i'll have to try that. On all the shifts?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Cory S

Reaction score
Yea on all of them mine shifts extremely consistent since it was built.

Sent from my Motorola razr (flip phone)

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I have to do 2 inches smaller to get correct speedo speeds. After changing the rear end ratio and revs per mile, it move the shifts to 40 4th lock 46 od lock at normal driving. But with my little tires that works out fine.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
What kinda readings should I be seeing on the SCT Tuner for FRP & there are 2 options to choose, which do I need to monitor!!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Fuel rail pressure not fuel rail desired... Well actually you can watch both. Actual rail should mimick desired rail pretty close

WoodBoy

Reaction score
10.5-12k crusing. Well, you will have to convert it from metric to standard. you want atleast 24.5k at WOT with convertor locked

Dustball8504

Reaction score
After running the race for the past few days I think I'll save that tune for the track. The FRP surges too much at times and makes it a bit annoying to drive. My favorite driving tune is still the hot street.

mclean

Reaction score
After running the race for the past few days I think I'll save that tune for the track. The FRP surges too much at times and makes it a bit annoying to drive. My favorite driving tune is still the hot street.

Where are you finding that it surges? Mine will do it for a second when it downshifts but that is about it

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
I have noticed some crazy shifting at WOT. Almost like the trans is confused and then it will slam into 3rd. I haven't had a clean run at WoT yet. It shifts fine daily driving though

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
I have noticed some crazy shifting at WOT. Almost like the trans is confused and then it will slam into 3rd. I haven't had a clean run at WoT yet. It shifts fine daily driving though

Haven't been WOT yet, but rolling into it from 10-15mph I'm getting similar issues!!

superstroked

Reaction score
Try a trans relearn.

My shifting acts like that when I have been driving it easy for a while and then decide to run it hard. This is with spartan tuning.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
The 5r never likes a roll in, from a boosted launch I only had one miss shift and that was after 2 months of normal driving the hitting the track. If I run it hard, I try and time it right after a shift and that helps. I have the same issues on all my tunes from different tuners.

IBSTROKIN

Reaction score
I guess I never noticed it before but that is good to know. I thought my tranny was getting ready to crap out on me

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Mine on the hot street will fall on its face sometimes for a sec when im in the throttle pretty good like when its fixing to shift into OD or something. Guess its a missed shift

Members online

No members online now.