Gearhead tunes

drservo

Reaction score
So if I'm running 35's I should enter 35 when it ask before loading the tune?

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Measure your tire w/ a measuring tape.... My 35's are actually 33.5!!

Who does or doesn't enter there tire size in the further tuning aspect, Any noticeable differences? Truck kinda hangs around 2k when shifting certain gears @ times when just cruising around town.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Measure your tire w/ a measuring tape.... My 35's are actually 33.5!!

Who does or doesn't enter there tire size in the further tuning aspect, Any noticeable differences? Truck kinda hangs around 2k when shifting certain gears @ times when just cruising around town.

that can be changed too.... if you need an earlier od shift shoot me an email and i can change the file.

drservo

Reaction score
Matt, mine holds at 2k rpm then shifts into OD at 55MPH, is that correct or do I need to adjust the tire size selection? I would like to have it shift at 50MPH. (this is at normal daily driving, 1/4 pedal)

3brorce

Reaction score
I do not have gearhead tuning but I just leave my tire size as stock with Eric's tunes. Speedo is a little off but that gave me the best shifting. Granted I have 285-65-20 which are a little bigger than stock

Gearhead

Reaction score
I had it hold the gears a little later with the converter locked. It actually gets really good fuel economy like that instead of lugging at 1400 rpms. I can knock it back down a bit if needed. Just call us up.

Dieselgeek

Reaction score
Bumping this up... Anybody have issues with throttle hang/ convertor hang I'd call it? If I let off the throttle, the rpm's hang at 1200 or so for a few seconds before going to idle. Normal? Not? This is with hot street btw. Also, what is the best trans relearn process? I didn't have the trans relearn itself when I loaded the tune, and lately it seems more and more confused. Maybe this has something to do with my hang up at 1200 rpm or so, but unsure.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
I have the hang every once in a while if I just bump the throttle to get moving. For the trans, I just drive a bit, then a wot run or 2 and its good to go.

Frank_C

Reaction score
Just for reference, this has happened to me with spartan tuning as well.

I have Innovative's tuning and it happens to me too. Rarely, but usually if I blip the throttle to get the rest of the way up my driveway, or over a bump while stopped.
Good to hear it's a common "issue" lol

gman1

Reaction score
Bumping this up... Anybody have issues with throttle hang/ convertor hang I'd call it? If I let off the throttle, the rpm's hang at 1200 or so for a few seconds before going to idle. Normal? Not? This is with hot street btw. Also, what is the best trans relearn process? I didn't have the trans relearn itself when I loaded the tune, and lately it seems more and more confused. Maybe this has something to do with my hang up at 1200 rpm or so, but unsure.

I have the hang every once in a while if I just bump the throttle to get moving. For the trans, I just drive a bit, then a wot run or 2 and its good to go.

Just for reference, this has happened to me with spartan tuning as well.

I have Innovative's tuning and it happens to me too. Rarely, but usually if I blip the throttle to get the rest of the way up my driveway, or over a bump while stopped.
Good to hear it's a common "issue" lol

Mine did it once in a while stock and still does it tuned.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I can say the medium pw tune I have from Matt right now drives very well. I get some timing rattle down low but I know that keeps the smoke away. With 110's and dual pumps it's smoke free at 8psi no matter what I do. Good dd tune for sure.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Yeah Im not too crazy about the timing rattle. I have talked to a couple different people having small issues with some tunes. I know on my hot race my EBP and EGT's is getting out of hand

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Yeah Im not too crazy about the timing rattle. I have talked to a couple different people having small issues with some tunes. I know on my hot race my EBP and EGT's is getting out of hand

What are your egts? My BP was 65 to 70 at the track, egts a shade over 1600. I'll make some passes this week to see what the egr delete and cold side pipe changes.

gman1

Reaction score
I can say the medium pw tune I have from Matt right now drives very well. I get some timing rattle down low but I know that keeps the smoke away. With 110's and dual pumps it's smoke free at 8psi no matter what I do. Good dd tune for sure.

Yes Matts street tune is great with dual pumps and 110's. No timing rattle for me though. Nice and smooth.
I just got his new race file today. Cant wait to see how it runs.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
What are your egts? My BP was 65 to 70 at the track, egts a shade over 1600. I'll make some passes this week to see what the egr delete and cold side pipe changes.

DD was reading 85.9. So 85.9-14.7= 71.2psi. EGTs were 1733 which I think is maxxed or close to it?

Cory S

Reaction score

I do quite a bit at lock up.

I must say I have been running hot street for about 20000 miles now and haven't changed tunes! By far the best trans shifting! Except the hang up. But I tow quite often with the hot street! It's an awesome tune!

Sent from ...

WoodBoy

Reaction score
It was above 80 at 62mph and was above 85 by 67mph. 85.9psi at 71.5mph (max speed on that run btw) and 43lbs of boost was highest I seen

I also get the throttle hang you guys are referring to when bumping the throttle quickly at low speeds