Gearhead vs. innovative tuning

Petro

Reaction score
Innovative also gets my vote. Loved Eric's customer service, always answered my questions and helped me with what I needed. Also loved the way my truck shifted into overdrive at WOT in the Extreme Race tune, tons of low end power and pulled super hard way up into the rpm band. Just was a F....n blast to drive.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Are you only planning on getting a single tune? If your only going to get one I would go with extreme street, Its a clean tune with friendly street shifting and has more than enough go if needed.

That's what I run on my dd 6.4, but my pedal never touches the floor in my truck.. Too afraid to find out what my 260k mile original motor/trans think of the big tune.
I will probably just get one right now. I'm not driving the truck much and I don't really tow anything anymore. So for the time being I was just going to get one.

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

jdgleason

Reaction score
My truck went 2 tenths faster at the track back to back with gearhead tunes. Plus it's night and day difference better with driving.

Highroller54

Reaction score
I have Matt's tunes, I run it on kill unless I'm towing. I would like to tweak a couple things about it but I think my 3.55's and 37's is the real problem. I want it to be more perky when getting off and on the throttle. I would like a little more fuel down low but I'm not going to ask if Matt if he will mess with anything until I get some gears. Long story short I'm a happy customer for sure.

justa03

Reaction score
All ive heard is good things about Gearhead. I understand being busy and all but I filled out the sheet on their site on Thurs, never got an email or anything but their account shows it went through. Sent 2 emails and 1 phonecall that have yet to be returned. Most people say in 2 days they have tunes in their email so Im hoping they are just super busy.

Stroked777

Reaction score
They must be. Every time I email them I get a response a few hours later. And I am not a big customer or a personal friend of theirs. They are worth the wait

justa03

Reaction score
Haha thats what everyone keeps telling me. Even if something went wrong with the order going through at least let me know so I can get it fixed but it shows on the account part on their own page that it went through?

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
All ive heard is good things about Gearhead. I understand being busy and all but I filled out the sheet on their site on Thurs, never got an email or anything but their account shows it went through. Sent 2 emails and 1 phonecall that have yet to be returned. Most people say in 2 days they have tunes in their email so Im hoping they are just super busy.
Check your spam folder. Mine were in there for a couple days before I realized it

justa03

Reaction score
Yea ive been checking my email and junk folder since Friday at least 3 times a day and not one email yet. Not even anything back on the emails I sent asking if everything went through ok.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Yea ive been checking my email and junk folder since Friday at least 3 times a day and not one email yet. Not even anything back on the emails I sent asking if everything went through ok.
That's strange man.... They respond to me plenty quick and I have no affiliation with them besides buying tunes. Have you added them to your address book to make sure they aren't being ignored or something?
Sent at 4ish and replied by noon the next day here...
5f50b3d0fe66c58b50fa616c6b964dc7.jpg

taterthedog

Reaction score
How would the extreme X tune be on a daily driver? Truck is all stock and about to be deleted. How does the power come on? Is it smooth throughout the whole pedal or is it really sensitive?

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

I daily drive Extreme X, all year long even on snow/ice covered roads. First when I got it, it spun a lot on wet pavement, but now, being used to it, it drives as civilized as you want. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justa03

Reaction score
Kenton just got a hold of me from Gearhead and my tune sheet did submit successfully. He was super nice and was totally understanding. Thanks guys hopefully soon ill get to find out just how awesome these tunes are!

Jbird

Reaction score
Gearheads first order confirmation never made it to me so i emailed them they called the next day and sent it again. Just filled out the tunning sheet so we will so how long that takes

Latest posts

Members online