H&S 6.4 single install and review

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Why arent you guys using the calibrations from H&S? i have used a few different tuners stuff before they came out with their tune and the second i switched the truck came alive. especially now being at altitude. really lively setup. i am glad to see more and more people running this setup.

You didn't know when it comes from another email and smokes more it is way better huh.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I know you've been talking about getting a single forever… Good to see you finally pulled the trigger. Hopefully you get your tuning sorted out soon.

equalizier

Reaction score
The turbocharger does come assembled and clocked in the correct position so you can just install it as one complete assembly without having to adjust it. Like I said before, we all have our own ways of doing things:)

thanks for answering all my questions now i guess my next question is how
much is the kit.

travisH3

Reaction score
ive ran gearhead tunes since back in my 6.0 days. loved how he tuned. no smoke and loved his trans file. hated how my mini maxx shifted at set speeds. 4th tq locked at 45mph and 5th tq converter locked at 55mph. worked okay for empty but didnt like it back when i was towing. seemed to lug and couldnt get what i wanted out of the shift schedules. got gearheads trans files and his are dynamic where they dont just shift at set speeds and LOVED them. figured they could tune a single 6.4 but apparently not.

I just talked with dallas @ HSM and he got me loading up the H&S mcc single calibrations. finally got them loaded up and gonna give them a shot tomorrow. only reason i didnt run their tunes from the get go was because i was scared of having to go back to their old trans tuning. Im not knocking the turbo kit, which is why i was wanting to hold off on my initial thoughts until i get tuning and miles on the truck but people started asking questions so i had to kinda answer them lol. I didnt spend all this money to make it smoke, i promise you. if i wanted to blow this kinda money i could have bought me an ol 12v and oral all the coals i wanted.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
ive ran gearhead tunes since back in my 6.0 days. loved how he tuned. no smoke and loved his trans file. hated how my mini maxx shifted at set speeds. 4th tq locked at 45mph and 5th tq converter locked at 55mph. worked okay for empty but didnt like it back when i was towing. seemed to lug and couldnt get what i wanted out of the shift schedules. got gearheads trans files and his are dynamic where they dont just shift at set speeds and LOVED them. figured they could tune a single 6.4 but apparently not.

I just talked with dallas @ HSM and he got me loading up the H&S mcc single calibrations. finally got them loaded up and gonna give them a shot tomorrow. only reason i didnt run their tunes from the get go was because i was scared of having to go back to their old trans tuning. Im not knocking the turbo kit, which is why i was wanting to hold off on my initial thoughts until i get tuning and miles on the truck but people started asking questions so i had to kinda answer them lol. I didnt spend all this money to make it smoke, i promise you. if i wanted to blow this kinda money i could have bought me an ol 12v and oral all the coals i wanted.

Hopefully that works for you. They have so much seat time to fine tune that setup it should make ya smile. I have driven Zanes with the same setup and the thing rips.

travisH3

Reaction score
Hopefully that works for you. They have so much seat time to fine tune that setup it should make ya smile. I have driven Zanes with the same setup and the thing rips.

I think it was just tuning issues. gearhead was screwing around from the beginning and took forever. i have got all my personal tuning their as well as we use them alot at the shop for tuning so they have an unhappy customer right now.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
Matt@Gearhead for sure knows his stuff:) He has spent a ton of time tuning different 6.4's and Ford's. It all boils down to personal preference and driving style. That is the beauty of MCC, any shift point or parameter can be changed to fit your personal liking. I have spent a ton of time in this set up changing/tuning what I like, someone else may not like it......But again the beauty is every little point can be changed:)

Cknox121

Reaction score
Awesome! Damn makes me wish I would have never changed. Love that sound. I'm still waiting on Matt as well. When I ran his single tunes, I could never get him to give me enough fuel. I opted to run the H&S files and truck was sweet.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

B585Ford

Reaction score
That's the baddest plow truck I've ever seen.
We ended up with a foot of snow here how much did you all get?

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
We have had guys tell us anywhere from 580-630 with this set up depending on the dyno.
We all know results vary from dyno to dyno, as they are tuning tools.... All the testing we did consistently resulted around a 40hp gain over the stock set up. They are also journal bearing based. Thanks!

B585Ford

Reaction score
I have been meaning to text you, actually. i had 4 injectors **** the bed from bad fuel. may be stepping up to dual pumps and nozzles, dont want to overfuel that 64 if you catch my drift! need some moar airflowz!

Sounds like it is time to throw 76-88 (depending on goals) out front of that one.