H&S 6.4 single install and review

Reaction score
I had the chance to get behind the wheel part of the trip (up the mountain) and all I can say is that this truck pulls like crazy. I was surprised at how easy it chugged up the mountain and never got hot (egt's or coolant temp). We were able to maintain the speed limit almost the whole way up the Rockies. Pretty impressive. It makes me want to sell the Dodge and get a Ford just so I can put one of our kits on it.

getstroked27

Reaction score
I had the chance to get behind the wheel part of the trip (up the mountain) and all I can say is that this truck pulls like crazy. I was surprised at how easy it chugged up the mountain and never got hot (egt's or coolant temp). We were able to maintain the speed limit almost the whole way up the Rockies. Pretty impressive. It makes me want to sell the Dodge and get a Ford just so I can put one of our kits on it.

HOW DARE YOU SAY THE D WORD ON THIS FORUM!!!!!! LOL but on a cereal note, i recall Zane telling me that charger runs pretty good on a C Word powered truck. small nozzles, a trans (with a spare backup just in case), second gen manifold and you should be ready to rock. dont be dumb and buy a 6.4 lol. not worth the constant stress.

Cknox121

Reaction score
jesse byall is wanting to write me tunes. i just hate to keep shelling out the money for tunes and end up same result lol

Jesse wrote me some for my current setup and they were great! Stand up guy and he will get back with you in about 3.4 seconds. I had a bunch of retunes and he had the updates to me with in an hr or 2

Reaction score
HOW DARE YOU SAY THE D WORD ON THIS FORUM!!!!!! LOL but on a cereal note, i recall Zane telling me that charger runs pretty good on a C Word powered truck. small nozzles, a trans (with a spare backup just in case), second gen manifold and you should be ready to rock. dont be dumb and buy a 6.4 lol. not worth the constant stress.

I actually had a 6.4 before my Dodge and this single kit has me pretty convinced I need a Feeerrrrrrddddd again!

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
and you got rid of yours for a boat :( lmao. ill sell you my ferd dallas!!!! already has the kit on it! only needs new injectors and a trans build! ill even throw in my brand new PI billet triple disk/billet stator converter :cursing:

Who told you that? I still had my dodge for a year or so after the boat...I got rid of the Dodge for a Ford!

travisH3

Reaction score
well been driving on performance and the truck feels great with h&S tunes. i think i may get a different trans file but overall I like this set up so far. Here is another cell phone video but for those that like to hear the sound of my people here you go!!! i promise better videos now that weather is getting better. cant wait for the track to open up!!! fuel mileage came back up. im sure it will keep getting better once i stop giving it a bunch of throttle so i can hear that 6.0 cackle lol

https://youtu.be/UOsAyC8fj9w?list=UUaa1rZCiZAXxrc4lDEjQ2uQ

B585Ford

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are getting your tuning situation worked out. Enjoy!!!

08bigred

Reaction score
Sounds great! Is that straight piped?
I watched the video of it plowing, really get to hear it in that video.
Have you dynoed it yet?
What was it that you didn't like about gearhead tunes? Ive read soo much good about his single tunes. Im very close to building m 6.4l single.

Cknox121

Reaction score

Have you dynoed it yet?

What was it that you didn't like about gearhead tunes? Ive read soo much good about his single tunes. Im very close to building m 6.4l single.

I'll be the one to say it, gearhead is over rated. His goal for "smoke free" really hurts his tuning. Trans tunes are great, but his engine files limit fueling to the point of hindering drivability and performance.
I encourage everybody to try some other type of tuning just to see the difference and options available.

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
I'll be the one to say it, gearhead is over rated. His goal for "smoke free" really hurts his tuning. Trans tunes are great, but his engine files limit fueling to the point of hindering drivability and performance.
I encourage everybody to try some other type of tuning just to see the difference and options available.

Maybe on single tuning. Any other 6.4 tuning is great.

sootie

Reaction score

for a tune only truck-he has it nailed. i think that once you put the 75/59 back on, you will love his tunes all over again.

Maybe on single tuning. Any other 6.4 tuning is great.

:whs:

Reaction score
Glad to hear it's running better for you Trav.

Our calibrations have had a lot of time spent dialing them in for a wide audience. They work very well for 90% of the people that use them and were designed around our turbo kit. They may not make the most power on the market but they were written with multiple personalities in mind which means they make great power, drive well, tow well and get good mileage.

Again, we appreciate you choosing our product and hope to see more feedback on from you!

Love that whistle!

travisH3

Reaction score
Have you dynoed it yet?

yes that is straight pipe. 5" exhaust out the back, havent dyno'd it yet and not sure when i will. there are a few dyno events but not sure when i will be able to get it. the all tell will be at the track. my best time was 12.7 or 12.8 @ 105 mph in the 1/4 mile. only issue i was running into was if i boosted over 10psi it spun all 4.

Like everyone is saying, gearhead tunes are great for all trucks except singles. he pulls fuel back to keep smoke down but the singles need more fuel. his trans tunes are great. i may ask him for my money back or build me a new trans file. they should just say they dont tune 6.4's rather than sending tunes that dont run hard.

pog

Reaction score
ask for more fuel down low? i did and he made it happen. my single 72 runs awesome.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
It's all about communication, the best tuner is the guy you can get ahold of if you need adjustments. Tunes aren't one size fits all every truck is a little different

Latest posts

Members online