H&S 6.4 single install and review

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
Just making sure were all on the same page here, don't need to travel this path again.
Like I said before, there are reason's we designed these parts the way we did. I'm just not going to divulge why. It took us countless hours of testing and tons of money in R&D. Yes I agree, a boxed S3 frame turbo does not spool well in this application, as they were not engineered for it. Fact is they do not work great in many numerous other scenarios as we have found over the years. We have found a combination that works well, and that is all.

JDSPowerstroke

Reaction score
thanks for all the info....Morgan, I am going to be giving you a call tomorrow to get an intake and Zane I will call you tomorrow to discuss my options for a different charger.

thanks again for the info.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
thanks for all the info....Morgan, I am going to be giving you a call tomorrow to get an intake and Zane I will call you tomorrow to discuss my options for a different charger.

thanks again for the info.

How much you looking for? Have you considered compounds with Zane?

Reaction score
Just making sure were all on the same page here, don't need to travel this path again.

Like I said before, there are reason's we designed these parts the way we did. I'm just not going to divulge why. It took us countless hours of testing and tons of money in R&D. Yes I agree, a boxed S3 frame turbo does not spool well in this application, as they were not engineered for it. Fact is they do not work great in many numerous other scenarios as we have found over the years. We have found a combination that works well, and that is all.

Absolutely. There are a lot of things that s3's don't work well on. Ours is based off a totally different customer base and intended purpose. Basically they don't even compete as they are really polar opposites in application. I can absolutely agree that you have done your homework on your setups and have them bang on for what they are designed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travisH3

Reaction score
Went to the track again. 25 psi up front and 30 psi in the back tires. Launched hard and spun the first run. Second run left at like 10-15 ish psi and ran like a 13.1 and last run left hard at 15 psi. Tires barked but still ran 13.1. My 60' sucks. Like 1.9 and 1.8. Trap speed was 103 mph again.

Max EGT. 1700's
Max inj. pulse width was 2200 micro seconds
Max boost 45 psi

I'm not sure what's going on. Feel like the truck should be faster. One thing I noticed is the last time I ran it never cleaned up down the whole track. This time the truck ran clean once off the line. Not sure why. I've got some gopro videos and videos of the runs I'm gonna get edited together and I'll post.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Went to the track again. 25 psi up front and 30 psi in the back tires. Launched hard and spun the first run. Second run left at like 10-15 ish psi and ran like a 13.1 and last run left hard at 15 psi. Tires barked but still ran 13.1. My 60' sucks. Like 1.9 and 1.8. Trap speed was 103 mph again.

Max EGT. 1700's
Max inj. pulse width was 2200 micro seconds
Max boost 45 psi

I'm not sure what's going on. Feel like the truck should be faster. One thing I noticed is the last time I ran it never cleaned up down the whole track. This time the truck ran clean once off the line. Not sure why. I've got some gopro videos and videos of the runs I'm gonna get edited together and I'll post.

What tune were you running on those runs?

B585Ford

Reaction score
On GH tunes, that sounds about right. It seems odd that you were hazing and now aren't on the same tune, same setup. I would still monitor it over a run to make sure you aren't dropping RP. I am definitely no expert when it comes to the track, but I thought guys lowered their pressure a little more. What was your trap speed?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
For comparison reasons my truck with billet 66 cleans up my GH Race tune to a slight haze at WOT. RP at idle is 5100-5200 and maintains 24.5K RP at WOT.

travisH3

Reaction score
Been watching rail pressure, and on a good wide open throttle run she hold 24-24.5k. Truck only has 50k miles on it so should still be healthy lol

B585Ford

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like HPFP is healthy. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself will chime in cause shoe of a map sensor issue or tranny issue, I am out of ideas.

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
"One thing I noticed is the last time I ran it never cleaned up down the whole track. This time the truck ran clean once off the line. Not sure why. I've got some gopro videos and videos of the runs I'm gonna get edited together and I'll post."

Funny thing you say that. I noticed the 6.4 here does that also. One time at wot clean as pin, round the next corner and do it again and it never cleans up. It seems to be hit and miss I've noticed, weird......May have to go data log and look at a few things.......

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
"One thing I noticed is the last time I ran it never cleaned up down the whole track. This time the truck ran clean once off the line. Not sure why. I've got some gopro videos and videos of the runs I'm gonna get edited together and I'll post."

Funny thing you say that. I noticed the 6.4 here does that also. One time at wot clean as pin, round the next corner and do it again and it never cleans up. It seems to be hit and miss I've noticed, weird......May have to go data log and look at a few things.......

Heatsoak? Ambient temp?

Humidity and heat kill my truck when it comes to how clean it'll run.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
It's hit or miss based on my experience. Hit it once, clean. Hit it again, pure coal train. Hit it again, clean as a whistle.

Six-fo lyfe

travisH3

Reaction score
Up pipes are good. May have trans issues now. I got a cts2 and unplugged my mini maxx well I was driving today and rolled into it and the truck well on its faced and de fueled and felt like I let out of the pedal. Then I felt like the converter unlocked and locked weird. Gonna do some more testing but I'm hoping that's what my issue is to why I'm not running as fast as I think I should but I'm also hoping not because $$$$$. Lol.