H&S 6.4 single install and review

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Elevation is a huge factor in sizing a turbo, I'm only 200ish above sea level and its as flat as a board here so my set up works well for me. But If I drove to say CO I'd have issues I know.

What are your egts/boost climbing a grade at 60 also cruising boost/egts at 60 at flat ground?

Last edited:

travisH3

Reaction score
bringing this thread back up.

got about 2-3k miles on the turbo kit so far and still digging it. Had quite a few people asking what setup the truck had at TS past couple days. the sound gets em every time!!!!! lol well i got some go pro footage of the sound and some daily driving of it. should be getting it to the track here in the next week or so depending on weather and see what it will really do. gonna pull the tool box out and all that and drop tire pressure and see what it can do. ill make sure to have all the runs recorded and I will post them up.

here is the cruising video i just posted with the GoPro

https://youtu.be/owdP4kezTaU

6.4f350

Reaction score
Badass. Definitely putting that turbo on my truck once the motor is together and back in. Love the sound.

JDSPowerstroke

Reaction score
My kit gets here on monday along with some other goodies. I will post up how this kit handles a little more fuel. I am going to have both Innovative and Gearhead tunes.

thanks for the write up.

here will be all the mods on my truck.

Heads Studded, Deleted
Industrial Injection R4 150hp Injectors
RCD CP3 Duel Fueler Kit with Ported fuel rails
RCD Stainless Exhaust manifolds and stainless up pipes
FASS 150gph Fuel Pump
H&S Single Turbo Kit for the 6.4 with waste gate.
NO Limits Intake
NO Limits Cold and Hot side piping
Elite CCV
Elite Fuel Bowl Delete
Elite Fuel Cooler delete
Spearco Intercooler
Radco Radiator
Nitrous Express 2 Stage NXD 4000 progressive Nitrous system
Built trans with all billet internals, custom direct clutch drum to accept an extra clutch, Raybestos GPZ clutches, Suncoast triple disc converter

Last edited:

travisH3

Reaction score
My kit gets here on monday along with some other goodies. I will post up how this kit handles a little more fuel. I am going to have both Innovative and Gearhead tunes.

thanks for the write up.

here will be all the mods on my truck.

Heads Studded, Deleted
Industrial Injection R4 150hp Injectors
RCD CP3 Duel Fueler Kit with Ported fuel rails
RCD Stainless Exhaust manifolds and stainless up pipes
FASS 150gph Fuel Pump
H&S Single Turbo Kit for the 6.4 with waste gate.
NO Limits Intake
NO Limits Cold and Hot side piping
Elite CCV
Elite Fuel Bowl Delete
Elite Fuel Cooler delete
Spearco Intercooler
Radco Radiator
Nitrous Express 2 Stage NXD 4000 progressive Nitrous system
Built trans with all billet internals, custom direct clutch drum to accept an extra clutch, Raybestos GPZ clutches, Suncoast triple disc converter

thats gonna be a sweet build, do you plan on towing still or something? im curious as to why your not going with a larger charger since you will have plenty of fuel? my truck on stock fuel with h&s charger and gearheads race file, the charger doesnt clean it up.

JDSPowerstroke

Reaction score
I will probably end up going bigger... Going to try it out and see how it drives. I have the nitrous to clean up the extra fuel:). Eric from innovative seemed like it would be okay. Just trying to keep my spool up quick and not to laggy. but if I'm not moving enough air I'll get a bigger one.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
heat spools turbos, too much fuel can snuff the charger. i personally would try gearhead tunes although he may not be able to tune around RCD's dual fuelers.

any reason for the ported fuel rails?

JDSPowerstroke

Reaction score
The ported rail comes with the rcd cp3 kit and of I need a bigger turbo if this doesn't work, I will get one. I guess want to see what this kit is good to, and gives me sometime to search for another turbo. Thanks for all the input.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
would be worth checking on what other turbo's will bolt up to this kit, before you buy this kit........

or are you planning on buying a whole new kit if this one isn't large enough?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
heat spools turbos, too much fuel can snuff the charger. i personally would try gearhead tunes although he may not be able to tune around RCD's dual fuelers.

any reason for the ported fuel rails?

Yore smart.

JDSPowerstroke

Reaction score
would be worth checking on what other turbo's will bolt up to this kit, before you buy this kit........

or are you planning on buying a whole new kit if this one isn't large enough?

it is a T4 flange...so it will accept a lot of turbos....just need the universal oil drain. thats really not a an issue.

Reaction score
it is a T4 flange...so it will accept a lot of turbos....just need the universal oil drain. thats really not a an issue.

But even though they fit, there has been numerous people try to run larger turbo with divided housings and they spool terrible with the open plenum pedestal. So just putting any turbo you want on there will not end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
But even though they fit, there has been numerous people try to run larger turbo with divided housings and they spool terrible with the open plenum pedestal. So just putting any turbo you want on there will not end well.

Exactly why we recommend using our turbo that was designed for the kit.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

theyre%20divided_zpswfae0xnt.png

HS-MotorsportsZane

Reaction score
You guys can argue about the open/divided thing all day long......We are done arguing about it for no reason. We actually tested a whole bunch of different open/divided scenario's on a load dyno with a real world data logger, not a cts. While there are advantages both ways, there are no peak hp difference's. At a certain load and rpm all of them are equal. I will leave the rest for you guys to figure out. At the end of the day our goal was to have a quality product that is manufactured in the USA, and perform's as advertised. Thanks again to all of customer's, and the people who support us. Also if any of you guys feel you need a bigger turbo for this kit, just call us and we can set you up with a custom turbocharger.

Reaction score
Exactly why we recommend using our turbo that was designed for the kit.

Agreed in every way

You guys can argue about the open/divided thing all day long......We are done arguing about it for no reason. We actually tested a whole bunch of different open/divided scenario's on a load dyno with a real world data logger, not a cts. While there are advantages both ways, there are no peak hp difference's. At a certain load and rpm all of them are equal. I will leave the rest for you guys to figure out. At the end of the day our goal was to have a quality product that is manufactured in the USA, and perform's as advertised. Thanks again to all of customer's, and the people who support us. Also if any of you guys feel you need a bigger turbo for this kit, just call us and we can set you up with a custom turbocharger.

I'm not arguing at all. I was only offering factual data to the person who though they can use ANY t-4 turbo on your pedestal. I know your product works and works well. I have said nothing to the contrary. I know for a fact if you put a s366/73/.91 divided (or any other divided chargers) on that pedestal it will not work correctly, as do you. And to the post that says "any t-4 turbo will fit" they are correct. But they will not work well. That is all I was stating and not a thing more.