Help help help codes no power please

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Throttle position for the shifting. More throttle harder shifting. You dont have the power behind the shift at that throttle position so it will seem to be shifting really hard. When I had a bad MAP sensor it sucked. More throttle, no power and shifted like total crap till I got above the point of needing the the VGT. I was towing so I could load the engine easier.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Throttle position for the shifting. More throttle harder shifting. You dont have the power behind the shift at that throttle position so it will seem to be shifting really hard. When I had a bad MAP sensor it sucked. More throttle, no power and shifted like total crap till I got above the point of needing the the VGT. I was towing so I could load the engine easier.

So MAP sensor. Perhaps. Can I test that. Where's it located.

gman1

Reaction score
Mike is correct you do not need a custom tune for a larger VGT. Custom tunes will help squeeze more power from it though. FWIW i drove my truck home with a generic IDP tune after the first build and it ran great.

Now with your problem we need more info about what the truck doing? Is it smoking bad while accelerating or no smoke at all?
What is the boost while accelerating?
What were all the codes? U 0100 codes are from loading tunes.
You need to start poking around under the hood to look for exhaust leaks or boost leaks.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Mike is correct you do not need a custom tune for a larger VGT. Custom tunes will help squeeze more power from it though. FWIW i drove my truck home with a generic IDP tune after the first build and it ran great.

Now with your problem we need more info about what the truck doing? Is it smoking bad while accelerating or no smoke at all?

What is the boost while accelerating?

What were all the codes? U 0100 codes are from loading tunes.

You need to start poking around under the hood to look for exhaust leaks or boost leaks.

de8y3e2a.jpg

No smoke. I hear no boost leaks. Hardly any blow by whatsoever.

gman1

Reaction score
So it sounds like your problem is it accelerates very slow? Once your at cruising speed it seems fine? Numbers look fine cruising.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Pull it up on the Livewire. That will tell you. Key on it will be the same as the EBP. Once started at idle will be a little less. Say 103 on the MAP and 123 on the EBP for example. I doubt it is bad though. You just need a custom tune to have more of the vanes at lower throttle for that turbo.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
It has no throttle response. Running 65. Smash on the go pedal it doesn't downshift. Just runs out the gear slowly. I found a vacuum line unhooked but have no clue where it goes.

Csilva187

Reaction score
Are you throwing any codes besides what we saw last night? Pics of that line not hooked up perhaps?

TD-5

Reaction score
anu5ume2.jpg
broke connector that I found

If that is up front under the rad & CAC support, that should be the impact sensor for the airbags.
Can't tell what your looking at in the second picture, but no vacuum lines on valve cover.

Is the VGT actuator wiring harness connected, have some start the truck & you watch the actuator arm, does it move?.

capt dong

Reaction score
On driver's side there is a small vacuum line that runs under the degas bottle and hook up on it underneath for the 4x4. Can't tell from pic what you're looking at.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Well FML. The codes are back. Idk. I've spoken to a few people. Seems perhaps bc my batteries died when getting truck back together maybe I need a reflag or something. I'm about ready to give up.

U0115
U0100 codes are the ones that keep showing up randomly.

Video soon to come

sootie

Reaction score
put new batteries in. return the truck to stock. reload the tune.

check the pcm harnesses to make sure they are clipped in properly

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.