Hey Big Rig Guys!

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
IMG_20140205_181718_382.jpg

sniper_101

Reaction score
Somewhat urgent question. Doing the PDI exhaust manifold on the ISX with the BW turbo. The thread for the studs on the manifold are 1/2", the holes for the studs on the turbine housing are only 3/8".

Is there any reason I cant carefully drill the bolt holes out enough to work?

No one I've talked to or called have had this issue before. I can't forsee it weakening the flange, but I have been wrong once or twice before.

Last edited:

B.Warning

Reaction score
Somewhat urgent question. Doing the PDI exhaust manifold on the ISX with the BW turbo. The thread for the studs on the manifold are 1/2", the holes for the studs on the turbine housing are only 3/8".

Is there any reason I cant carefully drill the bolt holes out enough to work?

No one I've talked to or called have had this issue before. I can't forsee it weakening the flange, but I have been wrong once or twice before.

Go for it. I had to replace the charger on a tractor years ago and it was the same deal. Drilled it out slowly with plenty of cutting fluid and it's still running with zero issues.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I'll knock it out to the right size tomorrow. I couldn't see why it would be an issue, but enough of a rookie I felt I should ask.

Can't wait to see/hear the difference on this thing once I get it back together!

The other option is a stud with each diameter, might be tough to find though

The first thing I did was a quick call to Fastenal and Grainger and they said they had nothing in their books which was disappointing. I was hoping for a solution that quick and easy, lol.

bluedge8

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I'll knock it out to the right size tomorrow. I couldn't see why it would be an issue, but enough of a rookie I felt I should ask.

Can't wait to see/hear the difference on this thing once I get it back together!

The first thing I did was a quick call to Fastenal and Grainger and they said they had nothing in their books which was disappointing. I was hoping for a solution that quick and easy, lol.

I was thinking auto parts store hardware

sniper_101

Reaction score
I was thinking auto parts store hardware

It drilled easier than I thought it would so it was still quicker than running to town and hunting for the right parts. Cheaper too! lol
----

101007-1_zpsel3i0t4g.jpg

101015-1_zpsyj4mr8qk.jpg

PDI intake manifold:
101013-1_zpskywov1it.jpg

Stock intake that pipes down to 2" with this EGR neck in it. Which feeds a 15.0L engine... :bs:
100155-1_zps8od22yn0.jpg

Last edited:

duddy

Reaction score
After a day like today in the shop, I would love to be back in a truck. Away from the stupidity of others but not answering the phone.:biggun:

Milford

Reaction score
Saw that one before over on Thetruckersreport forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9CMlwv2Ucs&list=UUIrDlcaP5ndSaGtw-nkezyA

Here is another one that makes USAtruck look like a bunch of real winners!! That nice blue WS is a guy from that forum. Also if you listen close in the beginning of the video, yes that WS only has 30K miles on it. Now it has one of those huge defender moose pushers on the front!

Milford

Reaction score
Gotcha. For those wondering if they watch the video I posted, that was a trainers truck. His student was driving back to the truck stop trying to back under there trailer when that incident happened. Oh did I mention the student was hammer drunk? The trainer was even worse, he was so drunk he was blacked out in the bunk.... Real winners!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.