HG-Pistons...

sootie

Reaction score
intake manifold is a great upgrade for balancing airflow to the cylinders and increasing spoolup.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Sounds like a purchase then while I'm waiting on my injector/machine shop.

Mechanic mentioned that it was surprising to see the #1 Cyl like so instead of 7-8 w/60K, deleted at 37K (purchased 34K) w/all air mods expect IC :confused: Done at the time of deleting. Not knowing engines my self would this be related to the failure of pushrod on #1 exhaust?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Could be. That cylinder was firing and not evacuating any exhaust gasses. So it keeps firing with no "cool" air filling the cylinder it was probably pretty hot in there.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Sounds like a purchase then while I'm waiting on my injector/machine shop.

Mechanic mentioned that it was surprising to see the #1 Cyl like so instead of 7-8 w/60K, deleted at 37K (purchased 34K) w/all air mods expect IC :confused: Done at the time of deleting. Not knowing engines my self would this be related to the failure of pushrod on #1 exhaust?

Or did valve contact break the pushrods? Did you monitor EBP?
FYI I am with Morgan on the valve relief....high EBP and small tolerances make the risk of contact more than I would feel comfortable with.

Last edited:

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Or did valve contact break the pushrods? Did you monitor EBP?
FYI I am with Morgan on the valve relief....high EBP and small tolerances make the risk of contact more than I would feel comfortable with.

I do hawk my gauges and have seen CRAZY #'s (reason I gated it but at that time I know it was too late), also in the beginning I was a little ignorant about spooling the chit outta turbos & then letting off.. I would like to continue to see what education some can bring as the their experiences to what may have occurred??? Now the waiting game as you already know yourself on the return of the truck :thumbsup:. Thanks All, Jayson.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Thinking more of WHS ^^^ on the pushrod, if that had not failed common sense tells me a bigger catastrophe would have occurred? Also understanding those were factory & chromoly is going in its place would it be cheap insurance to replace/check pushrods on a more routine bases w/these compound (high ebp) setups or that's an over thought?

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
intake manifold is a great upgrade for balancing airflow to the cylinders and increasing spoolup.

Options... Midwest's basic or 2 stage or RCD ported race intake?? Funds are limiting at this point so I can't go for any other style avail at this time..

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Blocks torn down & headed to machine shop..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 111

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Update: she's still in the shop but blocks back from machining & The start of the bottom end is about to get going. Block, cranck, factory rods & compounds will be the only thing reused. Pistons are what we're waiting on now, delipped/coated/relieved but not 100% on sizing specs. Lifters, oil cooler, water pump, rocker assemblies, pushrods, up pipe's w/provision for WG, new heads including HD springs & valve work, Ported intake, No Limit intake, along w/Arp's to hold her together. So hopefully I'll be breaking her in shortly into new yr! gotta look into that trans next.. Also gotta figure some WG dump into Dp ideas & tig something together. Happy New Year All!

Latest posts

Members online