HG-Pistons...

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
update on hold up... Rods are being Cryo treated so hopefully those come back quickly!

I really want to do a trans upgrade/ turbo's asap also!

Vendors any deals out there????

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
its coming along but I'm defenently a little bumped that the Pistons didn't come w/reliefs like I asked for.. I'm wasn't going to throw a cam at now but was leaving it open for future upgrades until this news. *** so this still leads to this contact issue in some extreme cases possible? I've added HD springs & I've got 1 WG currently on factory lungs. I'm guessing the single route or muiltple WG if compound upgrade stay to avoid any future valve contact??? Any info would be great thanks guys, Thanks.

my damn local :biggun: Biz minded support ( keeping my state funded b/c I'm a local biz owner) has ***'D me more times the pass 8yrs relying on performance builds.. Rant over, need to do more mechanics myself dispite the time I say I don't have b/c I'm tired of wasting monie$.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 93

sootie

Reaction score
personally i wouldn't risk it. stock trucks have valve contact occasionally. i know some on here disagree with me and say if piston protrusion is checked etc you will be fine but it is a damn expensive thing to have happen.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
personally i wouldn't risk it. stock trucks have valve contact occasionally. i know some on here disagree with me and say if piston protrusion is checked etc you will be fine but it is a damn expensive thing to have happen.

It'll be hard to argue from past experiences b/c of how invoicing is done.. The invoice states "pistions/lifters $2200" w/o any specifactions. Lol, not funny but b/c of past burnt experiences envolving cash I went plastic & visa said its a 60days guarantee which were past.. Live & learn, need to listen to you guys that really try to help in the future! Thanks bud, Jayson.

timj

Reaction score
Where did you get the pistons? Maybe they'll exchange them out for ones with valve reliefs for the small difference in cost.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
I could go that route I'm sure but chit I've heard this/that already & hopefully this can be back in my hands ASAP. Delipped/coated w/a smarter right foot is my hopes of it staying together at this point. Hell my c10 super gas is about to come out of chassis shop & I already know we want a 6.4 swop in there so we'll know what to put that together with when that bbc doesn't do it for me :rockon:

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Where did you get the pistons? Maybe they'll exchange them out for ones with valve reliefs for the small difference in cost.

Money's not the issue, time is. 1st son will be here in a few wks & just need to finish a few projects b4 then. Also can't speak 100% on where internal came from other than rods I suppiled.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
If you know what size the pistons are I would bet a vendor on here could have you a set of cut and coated ones by early next week(RCD, midwest,rudys, mpd)

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
If you know what size the pistons are I would bet a vendor on here could have you a set of cut and coated ones by early next week(RCD, midwest,rudys, mpd)

I don't but I hear ya bud, Wifey's still pissed I went in so deep, doesn't want one more excuse so she wants it back ASAP. I've learned to adapt w/the excuse "it's a misunderstanding" like I've heard so much over the yrs.. Reason why in the future I know what I've gotta do b/c this is actully lesson #2 so same on me..

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Good tuning will keep it alive. That and not always using every bit of power it will make:D. Give Matt at gearhead a call, he'll get you squared away with great tunes.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
And it wouldn't hurt to show what the c10 is like once finished!

Understood, we'll make a project thread in another discussion here soon. 496ci/Th400 w/spooled 4.30 BUT would like a 6.4L diesel swop b/c I'm thinking the gasser isn't going to do it for me due to this diesel world I've been exposed to! Lol

Latest posts

Members online