HID's work, DP doesnt

brian89

Reaction score
Well i saw warnings about hids with the dp but for some reason i didn't listen, put them in and truck started and ran fine, soon as i turned headlights on, truck stalled and ses light came on, reset key turned lights off, started up and runs with lights on fine but now chip doesn't work at all, what now?

JDub

Reaction score
The addition of some Ferrite Beads to the chip cable from your local Radio Shack or our new protected cable should resolve the issues with the HID lights.

Let us know if we can help

907stroker

Reaction score
Weird I have had hid's and do tuner for a very long time and never have had a single problem, what hid kit do you have? I know that retro solutions has the best kits and that's what I have always ran without any issues in any vehicle

brian89

Reaction score
Ferrite beads did not work, i will be switching the whole operation to the passenger side now and finding a new ground for lights

JDub

Reaction score
Ferrite beads did not work, i will be switching the whole operation to the passenger side now and finding a new ground for lights

When you turn your key on before starting the truck, does the switch light up with? Small dot in the bottom right hand corner light up? Or is the switch blank no matter what?

If the switch isn't lighting up at all, I'd suggest checking your connections at both the PCM and the cable ends. If the small dot is lighting up but not the numbers, press and hold the left butting for 3-4 seconds. This will take the chip from the Position 0 (No-start) back to the regular programming...

brian89

Reaction score
I have an f8 with the rotary style 8 position switch, but i think the chip itself is messed up because nothing is working

JDub

Reaction score
I have an f8 with the rotary style 8 position switch, but i think the chip itself is messed up because nothing is working

Oh, then that changes things. If it is the F8, than you have another problem. The issue with HID's only applies to the F5 and the F6.

brian89

Reaction score
Well it has been giving me problems, but i figured since it quit working as soon as i turned on the lights

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Well it has been giving me problems, but i figured since it quit working as soon as i turned on the lights

What other problems has it been giving you? A lot of the possible problems step from a bad connection to the ECM.

brian89

Reaction score
Last week it shut off on me with no warning, no ses light and wouldn't turn back on until chip was un plugged, both times i got to where i was going and plugged it back in and it ran fine, then twice it acted like it was going to shut off but didn't, but all the lights on the dash flashed and then it was fine, but it is taped in place with a big wide piece of scotch tape and it had a super chip in for 8 years maybe? With no problems, and a week after i got it Dec of 2010 it quit working and was just in a stock setting, which is what its doing now

JDub

Reaction score
Please visit our website knowledge base section for technical tips and troubleshooting. You can also contact us directly at the shop.

Thanks

Arisley

Reaction score
Nothing funny about that. Best advise yet.

BTW, when you messed with the chip, where were the keys to the truck?

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

Strokerguy

Reaction score
Oh... ****. Just read your signature. What HID kit are you using? I got all my lights from RECON. Running HID low beams, and Fog lights.... Not a single issue.

Latest posts

Members online