HID's work, DP doesnt

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
An issue like this could happen with any HID kit. This does not sound like an RF issue with the HID's and chip though since it is an F8 which uses a knob instead of the digital switch. It sounds like a possible connection issue at the ECM. I'm sure anyone from DP would be happy to help you troubleshoot though.

bruce

Reaction score
Oh... ****. Just read your signature. What HID kit are you using? I got all my lights from RECON. Running HID low beams, and Fog lights.... Not a single issue.

You also have a 6.7 so this don't really pertain to you. But i think the op has a connection issue not an interference issue

SDstroker

Reaction score
I would call DP and run threw their check list. How is the chip connection with the PCM? Good battery cables and the grounds are grounding?

Last edited by a moderator:

Arisley

Reaction score
I just went through and cleaned up this thread. Lets help the OP, not bash on one of the vendors that keep this site up and running.

OP. glad the keys were out. That eliminates that possibility. Try pulling the PCM. Cleaning the contacts with some contact cleaner. Same with the chip. Also clean the switch pins. See if that helps.

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I just went through and cleaned up this thread. Lets help the OP, not bash on one of the vendors that keep this site up and running.

OP. glad the keys were out. That eliminates that possibility. Try pulling the PCM. Cleaning the contacts with some contact cleaner. Same with the chip. Also clean the switch pins. See if that helps.

Yep, those would be on the list to do to fix this. Also, make sure the wiring harness that goes into the ECM is completely in and none of the pins are bent.

brian89

Reaction score
Alright i cleaned connections on both and left it dry, when i put it back together i made sure it was tight and put a small amout od dielectric grease on and still nothing

brian89

Reaction score
I unhooked the ground but I'm guessing that didn't cut power completly since they still were connected to the headlight socket

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
You need to completely remove your ballast then install the chip.

Sounds like your chip is fried.....

brian89

Reaction score
Pulled ballasts, they are sitting in the back seat, chip still is not working, even pulled it out and back in

JDub

Reaction score
Pulled ballasts, they are sitting in the back seat, chip still is not working, even pulled it out and back in

If you want to send the chip in, we'd be happy to inspect it and see if it can be repaired. You can fill out a HelpDesk ticket on our website or call us and we can handle it over the phone.

We've seen aftermarket HID systems cause some weird issues with these trucks. The interference they put off can affect a bunch of things you wouldn't think about. Had one customer that was even getting intermittent signal issues with his CPS when the HID's were turned on causing strange RPM readings to the PCM...

brian89

Reaction score
If you want to send the chip in, we'd be happy to inspect it and see if it can be repaired. You can fill out a HelpDesk ticket on our website or call us and we can handle it over the phone.

We've seen aftermarket HID systems cause some weird issues with these trucks. The interference they put off can affect a bunch of things you wouldn't think about. Had one customer that was even getting intermittent signal issues with his CPS when the HID's were turned on causing strange RPM readings to the PCM...

I emailed Diane and was waiting for Jody to get back to me, i was actually going to trade my current chip in for an Infinity dx but i don't really have the cash for that at the moment, but i will email Diane back and just see about getting mine fixed, Thank you

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.