How quiet is a 06-07 6.0 Turbo

Jarrod B

Reaction score
The title says it. How much quieter is a late 6.0 turbo? I have a 03 so y'all that have one knows what I'm talking about lol.

Been tossing around the idea of turbo swap or just adding or putting the stock exhaust back on.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
I just know when I had my stock exhaust on, I couldnt hear it. Now having a turbo back 4" and then some months later adding a muffler back it's still loud.

Or should I weld the ford stock muffler back on and or cat on the 4"?

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Could put a resonator or even another muffler on should help quiet it down more. The 05-07 is much quieter though. I just had to run to the store so I took a little mild acceleration video for you with both passenger side windows down. Ill upload it in a minute.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Dont believe a 04.5-07 turbo will fit on 03 truck due to the intake manifold. Cheaper and reversible if you put a resonator on it.

I thought they all fit providing you changed the pedestal. Could be wrong tho.

I Put this one with the louvers on toward the turbo. The pic show insulation. It doesn't have it.

31" Dymond Eye 4"
muffler-header.jpg

Jarrod B

Reaction score
Not the greatest video I'm sure there are much better ones on youtube. But that is a stock 05 turbo with a 4in turbo back mbrp with muffler. All the windows were down in the truck. With the windows up it sounds stock untill about 2200rpm.

http://s683.photobucket.com/albums/vv191/cfdeng7/?action=view&current=VID_20120809_200935.mp4
What kind of muffler do you have on that mbrp?

*cough* sissy:poke:

LMAO. I used to love it, Moved here and started to hate it. Sometimes I like it but just miss the quiet.

Dave

Reaction score
I thought they all fit providing you changed the pedestal. Could be wrong tho.

I Put this one with the louvers on toward the turbo. The pic show insulation. It doesn't have it.

31" Dymond Eye 4"
muffler-header.jpg

The only different thing is the turbo pedistal. But you can do the swap. The back bolt just doesnt fit.

If you are dead serious Jarrod and your turbo is in good shape I might be interested in trading.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Nope its just the standard mbrp 4in muffler that comes with their turbo back kits

Latest posts

Members online