How quiet is a 06-07 6.0 Turbo

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
It's honestly not a problem at all. Plenty of people run with out that bolt.

I agree, but if I was doing work for a customer and told them "hey, your turbo is only held in by two if the three bolts", I think we can both agree that it doesn't sound too good.

I say just put a muffler and resonator on it and call it done.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

EnterKO

Reaction score
They are hard to get really quiet.

This is my truck with a 4" MBRP muffler. Keep in mind that my flip cam didn't pick up the frequencies that were really high----it whines pretty much all of the time it makes boost.

th_VID00027.jpg

Dave

Reaction score
I agree, but if I was doing work for a customer and told them "hey, your turbo is only held in by two if the three bolts", I think we can both agree that it doesn't sound too good.

I say just put a muffler and resonator on it and call it done.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Most turbo jobs leave the ford dealer without that bolt

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
Most turbo jobs leave the ford dealer without that bolt

Wasn't aware of this. I never had too much trouble with it when i changed mine out. Sounds like lazy techs to me.

I didnt bring this up to try to sway the OP against going with a later year turbo, i was just informing him that everything would not bolt up properly as if it left the factory. And like i said, to some people this is important.

I know people like this, if i was to go tell one that after the ford dealer worked on his/her truck, they left a bolt out due to their laziness. He/she would be up there the next morning telling them to fix it right. The OP might not care if a bolt is missing which is fine, but others might.

OP: if you add a muffler or resonator please post your results. Im looking to quieten down mine as well.

Last edited:

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
You would get a bunch of smoke and high EGT's and itd be a DOG! My vanes used to stick from soot on my 6.0 after id give it hell and it was terrible when the vanes were stuck open.

If you unplug it, its the same thing as giving your truck a smoke switch. If its unplugged i believe the vanes are just open and it wont spool worth a damn

Last edited:

Jarrod B

Reaction score
You would get a bunch of smoke and high EGT's and itd be a DOG! My vanes used to stick from soot on my 6.0 after id give it hell and it was terrible when the vanes were stuck open.

If you unplug it, its the same thing as giving your truck a smoke switch. If its unplugged i believe the vanes are just open

Ah ok. That makes sense.

I sense sarcasm.....
Lol na. I unplugged it at idle and made a Difference. But haven't driven it like that.

iPhone

Mdub707

Reaction score
The new turbos don't really change the noise at all up top, the 6.0 will pretty much always sound like that unless you do some sort of compound setup, or add a muffler and/or cat. The turbo is what creates that incredible whistle down low though.

SaNnDnSurF

Reaction score
I did an 03 swap on my 05 cause I missed the sound of my 03 but the 03 feels a tad bit sluggish compared to the original turbo maybe just my imagination... The 05 was definitely quieter 4" turbo back here

Latest posts

Members online