HP Tuner Support

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Only draw back that I found so far is that they will not support performance tuning. If you have an already tuned truck you can read it and modify from there, but a stock truck will not be accessible.

Reaction score
Only draw back that I found so far is that they will not support performance tuning. If you have an already tuned truck you can read it and modify from there, but a stock truck will not be accessible.

Are you referring to emissions off tunes? In that case HP tuners will be like EFILive for the newer stuff. If you want to build delete files you have to make the changes with a hex editor and reload the file back into HP/EFILive.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So it looks like 7.3 support is in beta testing right now, HP tuners is on a roll right now 6.0 6.4 and 7.3 down all they have left is 6.7s.

They also released 03-05 Cummins support last week?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I would like to see how its working, it would be a nice option for people who want just light changes without having to spend an arm and a leg on a programmer

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I would like to see how its working, it would be a nice option for people who want just light changes without having to spend an arm and a leg on a programmer

I want to see who will pick it up and start to tune, as far as major tuning companies go.

Rubenk

Reaction score
The problem with shop tuners writing/selling tunes with HPT is that you have to double license. Truck owner and tuner both use credits if I understand correctly.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
The problem with shop tuners writing/selling tunes with HPT is that you have to double license. Truck owner and tuner both use credits if I understand correctly.

Interesting, maybe ill post up on the HPT forums and see what they say.

Reaction score
They are very close to releasing full 6.4 support anyone planning on using them to tune? I spoke with Eric on their forum and asked what/how many tables will be available for editing and he said most/all tables will be available. I Heard its very comparable to EFI Live and should be a very good alternative to MCC.

Full 6.0 support is already finished and released ,6.7 support will be worked/released after 6.4 support is done and he said they will be looking at supporting 7.3's in the future.

Also I saw that DD/Ndash will be supported as a flashing device.

I emailed them months ago.... I guess they don't want Midwest Diesel to tune with hp..

I really hope it goes through for the 15+ crowd who currently is very tune deficient.

I would definitely love to get in with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i know of someone already in the mix. it should be relatively soon .

3brorce

Reaction score

You are correct. 2 credits to remotely build the file with vcm suite cable, then another 2 to flash the truck with a different cable that you are going to use to flash the truck.

Will you guys be doing any 6.4 stuff in the future?
We may dabble if certain parameters are allotted for.

Last edited:

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I emailed them months ago.... I guess they don't want Midwest Diesel to tune with hp..

I really hope it goes through for the 15+ crowd who currently is very tune deficient.

I would definitely love to get in with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would totally get your tunes, if you are able to get on board

i know of someone already in the mix. it should be relatively soon .

Interesting, keep us updated Mike.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I got a reply from Matt over at HPT forum.

"If you bought a PRO interface it comes with 8 credits. So you spend nothing extra out of pocket.

If you tuner/dealer is a mass tuner, then they pay 0 credits out of pocket if they have unlimited licenses for that make model."

So it looks like if that tuner has unlimited licenses for that make and model you won't have to "pay" for 4 credits.

But it will still take 2 out of your account once you license the tune to your truck.

If they don't you will have to pay for 4 credits.

Unless you have 2 or more credits in your account then you'll will only pay for 2 for your tuner to make the tune.

Last edited:

Rubenk

Reaction score
I got a reply from Matt over at HPT forum.

"If you bought a PRO interface it comes with 8 credits. So you spend nothing extra out of pocket.

If you tuner/dealer is a mass tuner, then they pay 0 credits out of pocket if they have unlimited licenses for that make model."

So it looks like if that tuner has unlimited licenses for that make and model you won't have to "pay" for 4 credits.

But it will still take 2 out of your account once you license the tune to your truck.

If they don't you will have to pay for 4 credits.

Unless you have 2 or more credits in your account then you'll will only pay for 2 for your tuner to make the tune.

Interesting. Didnt know they had an unlimited option for shops.

BTW, to answer your question on the forums, standard comes with 8 credits as well.

*edit* found their page for tunershops. http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_tunershop.php

Rubenk

Reaction score
Looking at getting the vcm, and wait to see who will release tunes for this platform.

The credits dont really prevent shops from tuning, 2 credits are 100$ bucks, and VCM suite can license unlimited vehicles, so its still a pretty minor investment for a shop to get into it.

I've got mine just so I can tune all sorts of ****, started with my SHO. When I get time i'll take a read of the 6.4 and tinker with it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.