HP Tuner Support

ckrueg

Reaction score
What if you want to make several tunes and test them on the truck, Will each one require 2 credits? While getting my tunes with mcc dialed in I probably switched tunes 10 times.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rubenk

Reaction score
What if you want to make several tunes and test them on the truck, Will each one require 2 credits? While getting my tunes with mcc dialed in I probably switched tunes 10 times.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Credits are only to license a vehicle. You can tune as much as you want after that.

3brorce

Reaction score
You really do not need the pro as the only advantage is to add external sensors from what I gather. Both come with 8 credits.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Looking at getting the vcm, and wait to see who will release tunes for this platform.

There is a couple challenges that we see as an issue prior to releasing anything with HP. Big one is keeping tunes from being compromised. Not that anyone on here would do so, but like it or not, there are people who take advantage of others hard work. So far, we haven't been able to determine a way to not have the tunes compromised using two different VCM's. We are going to do another test here soon too see if it works. In the mean time, this is the biggest problem we are seeing.

Our Cummins guy and myself have been helping out. It's a great option that has become available for the PSD guys for sure. It's crazy how fast one can flash a truck, literally takes me about 2 min to flash the ECM and TCM of a 6.0. Is it perfect, no but give it some time.

ZeroAviation

Reaction score
Hey Cody, you should be able to use the tunerlock no problem.

Shoot me an email if u got questions on it.

-MattH @ HPTuners

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Hey Cody, you should be able to use the tunerlock no problem.

Shoot me an email if u got questions on it.

-MattH @ HPTuners

Hey Matt!

I just got off the phone with Jay and we're trying to see if it may be possibly our VCM or something else. I'm going to send him over a file to check out here shortly.

3brorce

Reaction score
Tunerlock and dont send out the cable that you write tunes with and you should not be compromised.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Tunerlock and dont send out the cable that you write tunes with and you should not be compromised.

Yeah..not sure if it was my VCM or what that was freaking out. Updated everything to yesterday's latest release, and Mike's started working fine. Mine then decided to start working after I sent the file to Matt to have him look at it. Something must've happened when we updated last week but regardless it works now.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
So what's the overall verdict? Seem like a good platform for the powerstroke community? Similar to mcc?

It's a good platform. At least to me. Not clunky and flash time seems to be good. Plus, you can convert your measurement units to what either imperial or metric. Not just stuck in one and or jumping back and forth. They're still adding PID's in the trans. I have a N-gauge on the way to see how it works with it.

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
keep me posted on the ngauge, that must be how they are tuning the cummins truck 03-05 I think.

Im excited, haller has one coming im going to wait to see how it is but most likely going to order one very soon

3brorce

Reaction score
keep me posted on the ngauge, that must be how they are tuning the cummins truck 03-05 I think.

Im excited, haller has one coming im going to wait to see how it is but most likely going to order one very soon

Tuning 03-05 cummins trucks with vcm suite and a laptop. No ngauge as of yet.

Reaction score
I've been messing with the 03-05 Cummins Tuning on several trucks and am very impressed. It is very similar to EFI Live which I'm very familiar with on Cummins and Duramax. Pulled a file on my 6.0 with 175/75s on it hopefully will get to play with it (on our dyno if I have time to compare ********/php/**********) here soon and have a couple 6.4s hopefully in the near future to see what options there are with what most of our trucks have done to them. I just hope they get to where we can do FICM tuning with this software so we have full control!!

Latest posts

Members online